littlekiwi

#DistanceLearning

#DistanceLearning
littlekiwi, Nov 2, 2020
Description:
Back to School by Just Jaimee
Distance by Allison Pennington (word strip used as title)
Life Is Hard Work by Little Butterfly Wings & Studio Basic
Storyteller 2018 - Bad Day by Just Jaimee
Your Mom Goes to College by Mommyish and Wildheart Designs
Travelling Typewriter

Maybe I was naïve to think that because I’d done my degree five years ago and had done a similar paper during my undergrad degree that doing post grad studies through distance learning would be easy. How wrong I could be. At first I found having all sixteen weeks of course content laid out in front of me online was good, I could plan out my weeks and I was excited but as time wore on, not only was I less enthused about spending what limited time my body could handle online studying, I was realising that I craved that group interaction from a physical classroom and lecture setting. I also found myself getting behind in assignments very early on and I could never quite catch up like I had hoped. I really should have admitted defeat once I had two weeks of extensions for the first assignment and still had not completed it or the course work to go alongside it and withdrawn. Instead I ignored the issue and ended up with an academic withdrawal instead. I am hoping that with 16 weeks off I can get my health sorted which will allow me to dedicate the 15 hours a week the course needed to be successful.
MrsPeel likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      This is awesome, Jennifer! I love your design and good for you for forging ahead! Great documentation of your success!!
    • littlekiwi
      @Cherylndesigns it wasn’t success, it was a big fat fail this time around. Will be trying again in February if I can save enough money to pay for the paper I have to redo.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @littlekiwi Awwwww, I see it as success - at least in your attitude, Jennifer. You're determination is your success! Hugs
      littlekiwi likes this.
    • ashleywb
      I'm sorry that this course didn't work out the way you had hoped, but I can completely relate to needing the interaction that is found in a real life classroom! This is a tough time for so many students. That said, I LOVE this page. I generally I just love it when you scrap - you have such a clean and bright style. That bold paint splatter and the stack of books are perfect. So glad you played along with the challenge.
    • MrsPeel
      ok.... let me think how I put this to you...... the page is gorgeous visually, love how beautiful those shadows give depth and a crips clean feel, the messy thread, the beautiful, cute elements on the right side and the paints layered with the thread give that handmade feel I love so much..... now..... If I am to go about the experience you had... I'm gonna lecture you LOL don't want you to hate me so I ll shut up LOL visually great page!!!!
    • littlekiwi
      @MrsPeel oh, don’t worry I’ve tortured myself enough already. I’m taking 16 weeks off and will hopefully restart in March.....just a number of things cropped up this time around and once your behind by couple of weeks it’s near on impossible to catch up....wouldn’t have been such an issue in week 12 or 13 as I’d only have one module and assignment to do but week 3 of the course this started so I still had most of the workload to go.
    • Keela
      I think this is the exact things a lot of kids I know have gone through (including my kids - one in college and two in high school) during COVID. It's just not the right way to learn for so many people. :( Good for you for not giving up though! Way to go for scrapping it too!
    • jenn mccabe
      i went back to school as an adult for another degree and did it online - it is tough! and now i'm watching my daughter do college online - it is not fun. sympathy for you Jennifer!!! hoping the rest gets you where you need to be mentally to tackle this!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Random Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    littlekiwi
    Date:
    Nov 2, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    245.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).