adriablack

December Documented - Day 8 - Homeschooling

December Documented - Day 8 - Homeschooling
adriablack, Jan 31, 2021
Description:
MOC 9 - Just the Highlights Challenge

Credits:
Capture Your December 3 - Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs (template)
Covid-19 Digital Stamps - Elif Sahin Designs (homeschooling word art)
Hello 2021 - Calendar Cards - Designed by Soco (word markers)
Wander & Explore: Misc Paperie - Rachel Jefferies (green solid paper used for leaves)
Holiday Magic Kit - Mommyish & Becca Bonneville (everything else)

Journaling: (157 words)
I never thought we'd actually end up homeschooling. But with all the COVID stuff happening this year, we decided to homeschool instead of sending Atizle back to Thomas Jefferson. Which leads us to this December. We were all feeling a bit blah about continuing our curriculum that we had been using since August. So we decided to take a break from it and have some fun Christmas schooling. We read fun books about Christmas around the world, as well as books about other cultures and some of the celebrations that they have if they don't believe or follow Christmas. In addition, we swapped out our regular math for some fun Christmas themed math activities and hands on stuff. We have been making Christmas presents for various family members and doing Christmas baking. It has been a really nice break from our regular homeschool lessons, and it will help us be fresh for continuing our lessons in January.
    • ArmyGrl
      I LOVE the new curriculum (and your festive layout!). While it may be important to stick to well designed programs....it seems so much can be learned from deviating from the norm from time to time. Creativity sparks the brain cells!
      adriablack likes this.
    • Amson
      I really admire you for homeschooling over this period. Well done. I love the bright colours and your flower clusters. Beautiful page.
      adriablack likes this.
    • adriablack
      @ArmyGrl Thanks! It definitely helped us. It gave me time to rethink some of the things we were using that were not working and to find new ones that clicked better with my daughter. Plus, the time gave me a bit of a break and lessened the guilt of not doing something right. We are much more excited about what we are doing now that we had the break.
      ArmyGrl likes this.
    • adriablack
      @Amson It was a tough choice. We tried the spring virtual learning and my daughter hated it. She didn't understand what the teachers were trying to teach her and she needed much more hands on stuff for the lessons to click. So we really didn't want to continue with that. Homeschooling has allowed us to really get to know how she learns and what makes it harder and/or easier for her. As we have been doing it, I think its led us to probably continuing to homeschool even after Covid is over. She REALLY enjoys doing school at home. And that school can be reading books and going on nature walks, and activities and such instead of worksheets.
      Amson likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    adriablack
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    230.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).