threadjungle

Day26-MOC6-HeritageWEB

Day26-MOC6-HeritageWEB
threadjungle, Jan 26, 2018
Description:
Day26 MOC6 Tradition/Heritage
This is the short version of a very long story. But it has a happy ending! Journalling:
Our last child arrived in 1981.
The first child to join our family was born in 1972. When he was 2 years old our next child arrived. She was born in 1970 - we think. We did some recalculating when she started loosing teeth at age 3. The next child added was born in 1966 and was 9 when she arrived. Our last child was born in 1964 (maybe) and was 15 (maybe) when he came. Each child that joined our family was older than the previous child. Our first born child, who had been in the family the longest, never got to be an older brother. All those theories about your postition in the family meant nothing at our house!
Our first son was born into the family. Our 2 daughters were adopted from Korea. Our oldest son is from Viet Nam.
When the girls first came we all went to Korean School on Saturdays. While they learned English, we learned a little Korean and had cooking lessons too. Our son was the only non-Korean child there. Several times I heard the comment “He doesn’t look Korean”

We are a non-traditional family who have had our ups and downs but, yes, I’d do it all again.
Credits:

credits:
awolff_heart
sc_makersgonnamake_bead
dinsk_DearestDiary_ele_date
KimJensen_MakersGonnaMake_pencil-pink
dinsk_DearestDiary_ele_splatter
dinsk_DearestDiary_EphemeraStacks_06
dinsk_DearestDiary_pp03
brush-just jaimee soft watercolor brushes
Mylinn likes this.
    • Iowan
      What a great story of your blended family and having to guess at the children's ages. I love your stack of papers and photos and the pencil at the bottom is perfect. Thanks for taking the heritage challenge!!
    • *gina*
      Great story - thanks for sharing. Your page is gorgeous
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    threadjungle
    Date:
    Jan 26, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    247.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    550px
    Height:
    425px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).