fruitysuet

Day 29 - Christmas Eve Candle

Day 29 - Christmas Eve Candle
fruitysuet, Jan 31, 2022
Description:
Remember December by Just Jaimee and Studio Basic
and for fun, I Googled Yankee Candle font and all three are available as free downloads! Trajan, Halo Handletter, Minion.

Two stories for the price of one. Several years ago, I spent a leisurely hour or so in the Yankee Candle Store selecting a new candle for Christmas. After a lot of deliberation, I chose this one "Christmas Eve". It burned beautifully and had such an evocative fragrance. A great choice! A couple of years later, I was joined by Chiara and Mia in the same shop for a similar amount of time for the same purpose. In the end, we chose one we all loved and bought it home. When unpacking the Christmas decor what do we find ... yes we had chosen exactly the same fragrance "Christmas Eve". Just goes to show that we are consistent in what we like!

Skip forward to yesterday. Mia and me went to Derby, browsing the shops, having lunch, just having a nice leisurely time together. We needed some things from Boots and Mia wanted some make up as well. The make up displays are to the back and I spotted a Christmas clearance section. We went over and, joy of joys, the "Christmas Eve" candle was there in the 50% off section. Just three left. I picked one up and went to pay for. I'd just tapped the debit card through and picked up the candle to put in the bag when ........ smash! I dropped it and it shattered into what seemed like a thousand pieces. I was both horrified and embarrassed. The store staff couldn't have been nicer or more understanding. Whilst they cleared up the mess, they let Mia go to the display to pick up another one. So here it is, lit up in all it's glory for a few minutes to photograph and record the stories. It will be gently stored until next Christmas comes around, ready to fill our home with it's wonderful fragrance yet again.

Photo and journaling 31 January 2022.
DivaMom96 likes this.
    • ashleywb
      Great story and BEAUTIFUL page! Love the photo covering the entire page and you did such a great job with the black background. The cluster at the top is fantastic as well.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 10
    Uploaded By:
    fruitysuet
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    223 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).