KAPOH

Cryptic-Haiku

Cryptic-Haiku
KAPOH, Mar 19, 2019
Description:
This is an ATC. A stack of HUGE books on a hillside. a strange white bird singing a cryptic haiku that matches the titles of the books. No wonder the little girl is puzzled by the whole thing. (and these books are from a best-seller list that won't be published until next week!)
This was fun to do - trying to find titles that would make a Haiku that made at least SOME sense. And then I tried to make the spines come close to matching the book covers, especially the colors, but also the fonts. The only book I actually had a picture of the spine was Obama's and that posed a problem. I tried to match the design as close as possible, but the actual spine reads "Becoming - Michelle Obama" and that didn't "work" for the poem I was doing, so I had to change the size of the font on her name. Then I had a bit of trouble finding the publishers' logos on a couple of the books. Oh, well, my obsession! CREDITS: PUBLISHER'S LOGOS: web; BOOK INSPIRATIONS: from the NY Times Best Seller List to be published 3/24/19; KITS: "Night Before Christmas" - Kate Hadfield; "Sublime Spirit" - Rebecca McMeen; "England" - Paula Kesselring; "What We Are" - Tangie Baxter; "Iced" - Lynn Grieveson; "A Trip to DC" - Little Rad Trio; FONTS: VTPortableRemington; Times New Roman; Verdana; Arial; Caflisch; Give You What You Like; Lucida Handwriting
    • Pups_r_Paps
      Oh, wow!!! Your Haiku does make sense in a weird way. I LOVE that you were able to use real book titles and then you made them look similar to the actual books - AMAZING!!
    • willimena
      This is so very clever! Appreciated the description that you provided. Very cryptic!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Art Journaling
    Uploaded By:
    KAPOH
    Date:
    Mar 19, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    133.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    640px
    Height:
    457px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).