Pups_r_Paps

Johnson's-Real-Ice-Cream

Johnson's-Real-Ice-Cream
Pups_r_Paps, Sep 16, 2019
Description:
JOURNALING: We were “introduced” to Johnson’s Real Ice Cream as youngsters, growing up on the east side of Columbus in the 1950’s. Back then “Johnson’s” was a little walk-up Ice cream place with two windows when it got busy. I always had some kind of chocolate in a sugar cone; my sister, who doesn’t really like ice cream, would have a scoop of licorice ice cream; my father favored butter pecan; my mother ALWAYS got a sugar cone with chocolate on the bottom and lemon on top. She would save the very bottom tip of the cone for our Pekingese, Suki.

This family owned business added a “deli” in 1973 to “round out our year” since the shop was supporting two families. Fast forward to the next century and the business is still family owned and operated (4th generation) with ice cream shops in two other cities in central Ohio, Dublin and New Albany, and a fourth shop in Chicago.

This day, 10/25/18, my sister and I decided to have lunch. You order at the counter then pour your own drinks,

My sister always gets their tuna melt, this time with a cup of soup; and I had the half pot roast sandwich with a cup of soup.

To end our meal we split a sundae…. and they gave us 2 cherries!

CREDITS: TEMPLATE – Modified “Sept 2019 Challenge Template” by Little Butterfly Wings; PHOTOS – by me; LOGO – from business’s website; KIT – “Brain Freeze”, Kristin Aagard; FONT – Complete in Him
    • flowersgal
      Loved hearing about Johnson's. What a treasure filled with good memories. Love your layout and how you used their logo as a title.
    • KAPOH
      That pic of the tuna melt makes me want one right now! And that sundae looks more like a dish of whipped cream! Great memories. I like that paper you used across the middle and all of the little ice cream ellies.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Photography Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    Pups_r_Paps
    Date:
    Sep 16, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    133.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    640px
    Height:
    495px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).