dotcomkari

Keep Going...

Keep Going...
dotcomkari, Aug 19, 2019
Description:
I tend not to focus on my disability, as it doesn’t define me. Yet every now and then reality slaps me in the face and I know I am different than everyone else. There are days that I literally have to force myself out of bed. I go to work, put a smile on my face and pretend everything is ok. Yet my world is spinning and I am battling a major vertigo attack, barely keeping down my breakfast while both my ears are ringing as mad as I check in customers for their flights. Sometimes I can barely keep my balance. There are those moments where I make a call to the help line only to get someone who speaks in a whisper and I can understand a word they are saying and they get frustrated with me for asking them to repeat themselves 100 times. Hearing aids are not a magical cure for deafness. Every sound is a struggle some days. I get listening headaches and some days when I get home I cannot wait to rip my “ears” off and have quiet. Than the next day I am back at it again, once again trying my hardest to fit in a world of norms and keep going. I am exhausted and tired. Every moment of every day gets harder for me. I grit my teeth and don’t complain, after all not many understand.

Rachel Jefferies: Pastures Green Paper, Let Yourself Mixed Media Artisy, m3 Nov 2018 Add Ons, All About Him
Thuria likes this.
    • CharlotteM
      such a very touching and thoughtful page
    • cfile
      A beautifully composed page, beautiful photo of you Kari, and touching journaling. I am so sorry for your frustrations and headaches. I can only imagine what you are going through. I have ringing constantly that I "tune out" but can only imagine what you are describing. Big hugs.. I love the composition of your page, using a few papers and elements, the photo of you and allowing the journaling to form your page. well done!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Rachel Jefferies
    Uploaded By:
    dotcomkari
    Date:
    Aug 19, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    129.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).