dotcomkari

Heaven's new Angel

Heaven's new Angel
dotcomkari, Jul 15, 2019
Description:
I can’t believe I’m writing this letter to you.
I’m going to try to get these words out of my heart, but I can’t guarantee I can finish this. Tears are hitting my fingers as I type.
I’m not even sure where to start. There’s a lot that hasn’t been said out loud, but it’s not necessary because I know how you feel. More than anything, I want to say thank you and I love you.
Today, we say our Earthly goodbyes to one of the most incredible men I have ever met in my entire life. My family is grieving the loss of my grandfather; we feel the empty void very clearly. The head of the family is no longer here with us, and we feel his absence sharply. But we know that he is no longer in pain, and is now in a place that is more amazing than the best possible day here on Earth. We also know that this is just a temporary goodbye. We know we will see him again. We are counting on it.
We are grieving the loss of you – the most amazing man. A devoted husband, a deeply loved and respected father, and an adored grandfather. The world seems a little less vibrant without you in it, Grandpa.
I guess I never thought about what it would be like when you would no longer be here. You have always been such a key part of my life, and such a steadfast and healthy part; I never let myself consider what it might be like once you were no longer here with us.
And now that you are no longer on Earth with us anymore, I’m struggling to accept it.
I wish I would have visted more, called more.. asked your advice more. A part of me wanted to believe you would be here with us forever. I guess I took that for granted. I did not want to accept the fact that you were getting older and the years were passing by quickly.
I feel incredibly blessed that you and Grandma are my grandparents. I am so thankful that you were my Grandpa. And I’m even more thankful that I was able to live so close to you and to be able to do so many things with you and Grandma throughout the years, creating the awesome relationship that I have had with you two. Spending almost every weekend at your house as a child, bike rides, card games (in which grandma cheats) and icecream at the local shop before dinner (without grandma's knowledge). I remember loading up in your old convertable car as a child and zipping through the country hills, just because. Not everyone gets that. But I did. I had the best Grandpa ever.
Someday, I will see your smiling face again, and I will hear your big, deep laugh again. I will feel your tight bear hug squeeze again. I know it.
Until then, we will wrap Grandma in all the love and comfort that you provided for her in the years you were married. We will continue to look at photos and remember the amazing times we had with you. We will talk to you and seek your guidance when we need it, and look for you in nature when we miss you terribly. We will keep your memory alive and never, ever forget you.
You were the most amazing grandfather I could have ever asked for. You loved Grandma with your whole heart and you cherished your kids – every one of them. You adored each of us grandkids, no matter how old we were, where we lived or what we were doing with our lives. You loved each of us unconditionally, and without holding back.
And boy, do we love you. We love you so much., I want you to know that your memory and the legacy you left behind will continue on. Even though we may not be able to talk to you and hug you, we know that you will always be watching over us.
With Love.. I will be missing you...

Little Butterfly Wings: Broken Wings
Rachel Jefferies: Wild Flowers, A Quiet Place
carrie1977 and LynnG like this.
    • dvhoward
      I am so sorry for your loss. Death is so hard, but I hope you will feel God's great comfort that only He can provide. I found Grief Share (an international grief support group/workshop) so helpful after my husband of 49 years passed away. Take care....
    • Sokee
      Beautifully written journaling from the heart, so sorry for your loss (hugs) can I say I laughed at the ‘grandma cheats’ take good care of her during this difficult time.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Rachel Jefferies
    Uploaded By:
    dotcomkari
    Date:
    Jul 15, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    161.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).