heathert

Hunting Clues (MOC6.26)

Hunting Clues (MOC6.26)
heathert, Jan 26, 2018
Description:
Tradition/Heritage: 180 words that tell a story set in the 20th Century, with the date prominently displayed. Most everything from Etc. by Danyale (Simple Life), with a clock transfer from Lynn Grieveson (Here & Now), and a gesso white splat by Pink Reptile Design (Gesso It Vol 2). Fonts: Amastery Script and Rockwell. Journaling reads: "Sometimes history seems more like a series of softly veiled layers, with an occasional, sharply defined clue, than an actual list of dates. This is a postcard my Mom sent me back in 1978, when I was staying with a Swiss-German family to practice the language. It shows our town church, which was built from 1757 to 1761, adjacent to the town castle. I always had thought the image was from the 1920's because of the horse-drawn wagon, but when I scanned it (and enlarged it) I noticed the electrical wires in the background. So then I had to go and figure out when electricity came to town--and it turns out that it was only after the end of WWII that a network of wires was added to the smaller villages. The end of WWII was in 1945, so this picture was probably taken towards the end of that decade, though also possibly in the early 50's. Whenever the photo, it's still a fascinating glimpse into a prior time--and despite the web, becoming more and more difficult to perceive clearly!"
    • *gina*
      Gorgeous page and I love that photo. I love your story.
      heathert likes this.
    • Iowan
      what perfect ellies you used to coincide with your great story. You have a nice writing style...super shadowing too. Thanks for taking the heritage challenge!!
      heathert likes this.
    • rlucasmn
      I really love the colors you've used in this layout. Great story, and way to be a detective to figure out the probable decade for the photo.
      heathert likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    heathert
    Date:
    Jan 26, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    247.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).