jjpederson125

Fire

Fire
jjpederson125, Aug 21, 2017
Description:
Credits go to K Aagard's Great Balls of Fire Kit.

Journaling says:
I live in a small community that is always on alert, always watching and while that at times can be overwhelming, its also a truly a blessing. August 13th, a severe thunderstorm came through our area and lightning struck my uncle’s insurance office building and started the attic on fire. Because of the community I live in, it was quickly noticed that there was smoke coming out of the chimney and the fire department was called. Due to the quick reaction time, and the resourcefulness of other community members that quickly hitched up their enclosed trailers and arrived at the building and we were able to unload the entire main floor of the office building into two vehicles and three enclosed trailers, including file cabinets, computers and even the conference table all while the fire department was investigating the fire source and making an action plan. In two hours time, the fire was called in, the building emptied and the fire was put out....all while my uncle was still hundreds of miles away driving home from a family vacation. The building will be usable within a weeks time and it will be back to business as usual. The support of the community, the willingness to help was amazing and as we stood back and watched the trailers prep to pull away and the firemen to finish their work, I was reminded how grateful I am to live in a place where everyone is so willing to help when needed.
The office manager is already tired of hearing....sure hope he has good insurance....but we can all giggle a little as its a relief it the building and the
contents were able to be saved. Blessed to be a part of this Community.
KittyY likes this.
    • bellbird
      love your mix of frames and the fire element but that is indeed a heartwarming community story and that just makes this page so much more wonderful!
    • AnneofAlamo
      That building is beautiful too. I know the feeling of small town alertness...lol, but the times people need help, there is never a delay...what a grand tribute to the best part of your community!
    • KarenB
      Such a great story! True community spirit. Love the flame element. Fab LO. Thank you so much for taking part in the challenge :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Random Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    jjpederson125
    Date:
    Aug 21, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    250.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    449px
    Height:
    449px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).