ArmyGrl

MOC25_ItsALoveHateRelationship

MOC25_ItsALoveHateRelationship
ArmyGrl, Jan 27, 2023
Description:
Created for MOC11 - Day 25 - Love Story

Created with Rachel Jefferies Foundations Mixed Media, Abstract Pocket Cards, Barely There Papers and Basic Backgrounds.

I feel I've bent the rules with my Love/Hate Story. But, I've already told Don's and I story here. I don't think it's a secret I love mushrooms and slime molds and coffee and crafting, but I've featured all those things a few times already. My parents and Don's parents do not have love stories (more like stories of alcoholism and abuse). Don's siblings are divorced - no love story there. My brother and his wife Sherry likely have a love story - but it is not my story to share.

So, I write about my house and home. I wish and wish it were a 100% love story, but it is not. That is not say there aren't things to love, there are. But for now, it's a love/hate relationship. This story is from my heart and I've needed to write these things down. I need to come to terms with my frustrations and disappointments - then move on. Life is not fair, but we do the best we can. And I truly want to make my story here in this home one of love.
LoveItScrapIt and scrapchyck like this.
    • RebeccaH
      omg instant love when I saw this in the gallery! The aesthetic of this page is sooo my thing!
      I super appreciate your take on this challenge, and I love that it was something you’ve been needing to get out. That’s the point of art, you know?? Fantastic job on this! BTW your home and property look lovely! I would love to have something like this some day!
    • RebeccaH
      Also, coming back to say, I appreciate how you made the journaling lighter against the darker parts of the background. It’s a small touch, but very effective.
    • flowersgal
      Well expressed feelings in your journaling and a lovely layout. Your home and woods photographed well in the snow. Keep focused on those positives and work through the negatives as time and money permit. Coming to terms with our feelings is an ongoing and constant challenge.
    • LoveItScrapIt
      I love that you journaled this ....I am sorry that you have these feelings but I can understand the events that pushed you in the direction you chose. I know that you guys will make it into the home you love. The page blocking and gorgeous photos really give more meaning to the loving side.

I will have to go look up the meaning of "house poor" I've heard it before but can't recall exactly what it means. But I can relate to the love/hate of my home.
    • ArmyGrl
      @LoveItScrapIt House poor usually occurs when folks buy a house that they really cannot afford, all housing costs considered. That in turns cuts into quality of life as all money gets sucked into the house. Don and I are not quite that - but some really tough decisions have to made.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    ArmyGrl
    Date:
    Jan 27, 2023
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    245.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).