Mingo08

Day-10---Washington-Left

Day-10---Washington-Left
Mingo08, Jan 11, 2022
Description:
Day 10 - 10 Photos that Relate (Left Page)

The Journaling explains - though it's pretty obvious
My parents loved to travel and, early in their marriage, they would travel with either, or in this case both, of their mothers. I ran across these photos of their trip to D.C. in 1952 after the trip Steve, Kate and I took in 2014. I was struck by two things. First, the way people dressed up for travel. I remember this, vaguely, from my childhood. Second, how thematically similar the photos are to ones we took in 2014, and even in 1986 when I visited with my parents on spring break.

Template - Scrapping with Liz - September in Summary
Papers - Pink Reptile Designs - Exhale_Papers
The Lilypad Designers - All About You
Elements - Rebecca McMeen - Athene
MrsPeel and Scrapping with Liz like this.
    • Scrapping with Liz
      Great double page spread!
      Mingo08 likes this.
    • Mingo08
    • MrsPeel
      love the page, and LOVE the way you process the thought of time and detail.... I know we are always in awe of some people's dressing up to travel.... we were talking about it only a few days ago, can't remember who mentioned they asked in the boarding gate if there was a chance to be upgraded to 1st class....and got it... but the key is that you have to dress the part...and we said at the same time :comfort is far more important than being in 1st class!!! especially for us (14 hours flights!), anyway, the whole thing is impressive, love the inclusion of geometric to give more dynamic feels, the title work is awesome, the photos a treasure!!!!!!
      Thank you so much for playing with us!!! [​IMG]
      Mingo08 likes this.
    • Mingo08
      @MrsPeel - Thanks so much! I wish I had photos from my first plane ride - I was maybe four? And we traveled first class and it was SO different from any other plane trip I ever took - the seats were arranged like a train - so two facing two across a table! Sadly, my 1986 photos are not complete - my 35mm camera was new and I shot a dry camera for a large part of the time we were in DC. Of course, those images I didn't get were outstanding! LOL!
    • sberkan
      I love this double page spread! The title work with the multiple colours is fantastic and the old photos are just a treasure.
      Mingo08 likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 10
    Uploaded By:
    Mingo08
    Date:
    Jan 11, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    535.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).