Ireland
G.J., Jan 14, 2021
Description:
Layout created using
Yes minikit (papers)
Coffee o'clock elements
both by Pink Reptile Designs. Font used Irish Gold.
Journaling (501 words) "I’ve been fascinated by Ireland and Scotland since I was a child. So passionated about the idea of visiting such distant places from very young age, and even a friend suggested that I’d have some scotish or irish ancestor, thing that isn’t possible, coming both of my parents from a french background, however I wished so badly to travel to Scotland and Ireland, than when, we just married and my husband asked me, where I would like to travel to spend our honeymoon, I answered without doubts: Scotland & Ireland. But I was still in the University and we didn’t have time to arrange a trip, so we needed to wait many years before our travel. Finally in 2017 we did our travel. Some friends and relatives, gave us some advicess before travel, including the possibility to rent a car, to get around outside the biggest cities, especially in Ireland. We were told, food was pretty expensive in Dublin, and they told us “don’t eat in restaurants located in the downtown, because just a single beer costs more than €8”. Early in the morning, we left our city and before noon we were in Heathrow. It was autumn, little bit sunny & partially cloudy sometimes. We waited at the airport for 2 hours, and finally we flew to Dublin.
Dublin airport is massive, and has many flight connections, we were really impressed, so much people going and coming. After pick up our luggage, we walked to our hotel, it was near, and we had a printed map so it was easy to find it. We ate something during our flight, so we weren’t so hungry but thirsty. We bought the most cheap spring water in a Tesco supermarket, and we surprised was just €0.49, because the cost of the same kind of water, in our city, was €0.70, so we concluded that the expensive food was just a legend. We walked around, and we had so much fun, it was night, and we decided to buy a coffee, forgetting all of our friend recommendations, we searched for a coffee shop, and we found one, nearby to our hotel, and ordered two coffee cups and a cake, and we end up paying little bit more than €20. So next day, we asked a local, for a “cheap” coffee shop, was a very kind old man, walked together with us, telling stories and jokes, as we headed to what he called the donut paradise, and finally we arrived to Mr. Donut, the price for a coffee cup and a donut was € 5, not cheap but not expensive, but what caught our attention was the variety of donuts and the exotic flavors. Mr. Donut became in our favorite place to grab a coffee cup, and a different donut taste. During our staying in the city, we visited every morning, and by the way the coffee was strong and really good, the donuts delicious and our trip one of the best of our lives!"
    • KittyY
      fantastic! My husband and I visited Ireland in 2014 and it was so cool! Loved it all
    • bestcee
      I love that you found a cheap place that became your place while in Ireland. It's a beautiful little story full of small details like the price of water. Thanks for playing in my challenge!
      G.J. likes this.
    • G.J.
      Thank you so much @bestcee for the fun challenge and the sweet comment. Wishing you a wonderful Monday and a fantabulous week ahead! :bk
      bestcee likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    G.J.
    Date:
    Jan 14, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    558.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).