Description:
533 words

credits:
APennington_Mighty
CVW_SupplyTracker
awolff_goodbyesummer

translation:
Hello bomama,

When we left on vacation, we said goodbye to you. You waved us goodbye with radiant eyes and your beautiful smile with sweet wrinkles. We did not see that you would leave too, would quietly go to bompa. Our goodbyes were not meant to last ...

When I got to know you, along with all the funny confusion of speech, you laughed at dozens of wrinkles

Your cooking skills were legendary. A real kitchen princess but not in a palace. Both your kitchen at home and that by the sea were tiny, but there were always cabinet rolls with the most delicious tomato soup in the world and we never bought jam from the store.
With pleasure I think back to all the fun and delicious parties and the dishes afterwards! With 4 or 5 or 6 people in that small kitchen, no one could go over or through, everyone had the giggles, but still everything was cleaned up!
And you saw that it was good, with your sweet smile and a hundred wrinkles.

You have always worked hard and with a lot of love for your family and made the bompa very happy.
You have also always taken the grandchildren under your wing. You loved to take them for a walk or bus trip into town and they were guaranteed to wear something new afterwards.
Not a single grandchild ever returned home with a stain on his clothes. You even let the dryer run with 1 undershirt in it, so that everything could be taken home again.
You often said that it made you happy when there was no dirty laundry in the basket, when your washing machine or dryer were running and preferably both at the same time. So funny and you know? I took that happiness from you;)
And I know you are smiling now with your thousand sweet wrinkles.

In your free time you had the salvation of children in which you, together with your friends, gave a lot of good advice to all brand new mothers from Terbank and the surrounding area. Blessed is such a mother-in-law who knew all about it! As a young and very inexperienced mother, I have learned an incredible amount from you. There was nothing you didn't know an answer to!
Sometimes you thought I had to find the solution myself and then you looked at me with twinkling eyes and your sweet smile with all those wrinkles.

Not only was there work, you also enjoyed life with nice trips at home and abroad. Later, the winter trips to the sunny south were added, which also allowed grandchildren to enjoy non-school age. And then there was also the fantastic apartment in Knokke where we had wonderful times, with our family and with you. Always fun with hilarious board games, lots of pancakes and peeling dozens of kilos of shrimp. You did that very quickly and always won! That had such a reason ...
We were too busy chattering, you were silent, continued peeling and enjoyed your sweet smile and fine wrinkles.

In this way you have also carried your illness courageously. Never a complaint, never dirty, never discouraged, always happy and grateful for the smallest things that gave meaning to your life.

Now you will not come back either, but you will stay with us, in us, with your unforgettable sweet smile and countless cute little laugh lines ....
    • garrynkim
      What a heartfelt tribute. I love the story telling!
    • cfile
      oh my .. so beautiful and what a lovely note to your mother in law.. she heard you and is smiling down with all her wrinkles.. how absolutely beautiful and lovely photos of your children celebrating her life. thank you for sharing this with us. sending hugs for your loss of a wonderful woman and bomama.
    • StefanieS
      Love your sweet tribute to her and the special place she holds in your heart and in your family's memories. So sorry for your loss.
    • Saar
      I'm so sorry for your loss!
      You documented the story beautifully though! I hope scrapping this layout worked therapeutic for you. :heartlub:heartlub
    • bestcee
      This is a beautiful page. I love the reflections on all the wonderful memories and happy moments. The sweet photos are a beautiful accent. Thank you for sharing with me. Thank you for playing in my challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    Frumpje
    Date:
    Jan 11, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    116.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px
    Date / Time:
    2021:01:11 15:52:31

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).