jagruti patel

MOC-JAN-11

MOC-JAN-11
jagruti patel, Jan 11, 2021
Description:
Lily Pad Collab - Yes, No, Maybe

573 words:

2020 – What a year it has been! Such a roller coaster of emotions! It all started at the beginning of March, when my work told us to take our laptops home each night, just in case of a lockdown. Then mid-March, we were told to stay home in groups. Our team was split in two. We would alternate going into the office on a weekly basis. That lasted about 2 days and then our whole office was told to work from home. Brian had gone on a 1 day trip to Buffalo and we had to self-isolate for 2 weeks. We had to cancel’s my mum’s 62nd birthday and Panna’s house warming on March 14. Which really sucked. I was planning on making a hummingbird cake and had a pie already made. Cancelled! UGH! We did grocery delivery, convenient but not for us. We made the best of it, thinking it would not be long.

It will ok, we thought, this would all be over in a few weeks and we could just postpone the party. I even started a little countdown, you know, not thinking we would be here almost a year later. The countdown only lasted about 3 months, when I couldn’t do it anymore. I really thought we would not be here almost a year later!

So many events cancelled, celebrated but differently. It was not the same! However, att least we are healthy and safe, family and friends are safe. But it does suck! We are still postponing Nolan’s 7th birthday (which is in April). We will have a party when we can, even if we need to combine 7 and 8 together (hoping it’s not 7, 8 and 9!). We missed lots of fun events we used to do. I especially missed Summer Wednesdays at Evergreen Brickworks and the Word on the Street Book Festival. But health comes first. Working at home with Nolan at home is not easy, virtual learning is even harder. We had to cancel our Alberta vacation. Lots of things sucked! There is more screen time then I would like, but we are trying to survive at this point. Whatever keeps us sane, it’s all good. Wearing masks is not fun, but we do it. We are doing all we can to follow rules put in place and keep us and others safe.

But let’s move on to some of the good. We are both still employed, this is big. We get to spend a lot of down time together, just the 3 of us. I actually have time to pick up a book and read. We tried new recipes, I baked a lot (made so many pies). I made 3 kinds of jam. We couldn’t pick the berries ourselves, but I found a local farm that delivered. So we ordered a few flats of berries. I made sourdough bread! I made fresh pasta with my new pasta machine. We tried a couple of farm CSA programs! I loved all the fresh local produce – we were however “zuchinnied” out! Our garden did well, since we actually had time to tend to it.

2020 was year we will remember and hope not to repeat. 2021 is not starting any better, but we are hoping the end of this pandemic is near. I want to travel again, go on day trips and have celebrations! But importantly I hope us and our family and friends are safe.
    • garrynkim
      I like how you've included good, bad and different all in the one story. Great storytelling. I think we all look forward to 2021, let's hope it ends differently than 2020!
    • cfile
      lovely page Jagruti. I love that you documented the both the things that you couldn't do and the things you did do. I know the pandemic has not been good for all of us, I do like the fact that it brought some core values back to the family, which I see is in your journaling as well. It is so nice that the three of you have spent quality time together! I love the minimal elements clustered accenting the way 2020 was very minimal in what we could do. Hoping you can celebrate Nolan's 7th in April :) well done!
    • StefanieS
      I love your perspective, we have a roof over our head, food to eat and are all safe at home. I loved reading your story, thanks for sharing.
    • Saar
      I love your story. And I love how you documented it. It has been a strange year for sure!
      Love your page design and how you scrapped it. I love all your layers as well. Beautiful take on the challenge.
    • bestcee
      I love how you contrasted the story with all the words against the less busy bottom half. The documentation on 2020 is fabulous. I like how you overviewed the negative but then added in the positives at the bottom. Delayed birthday parties are the worst. We had to cancel Matthew's too - it was planned one week after lockdowns started.
      Thank you for playing in my challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    jagruti patel
    Date:
    Jan 11, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    141.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).