Cherylndesigns

October Monthly Muse Week 4

October Monthly Muse Week 4
Cherylndesigns, Oct 31, 2019
Description:
I started out in one direction and my "muse" took me in a different one. The two parts of me, superficially, are the drastic change in my hair color - but deeper, the fact that getting older -the part that I'm struggling with - is a part of life.

Ironically, I have never worn purple (that I can remember) until I went to the Alzheimer's Walk last Saturday. Purple is Alzheimer's color and I bought a purple shirt. I have always associated purple with old women - there was even a poem written about it. I have always associated purple with growing old. "When I'm Old, I Shall Wear Purple". I was shocked when I saw the picture of me in the purple shirt! My first comment was "who knew I looked good in purple?" This is the deeper direction that I ended up going in for this challenge.

Credits: lgrieveson_the_look_tp_2; rjefferies-citron-mmcollages2-square; rjefferies-wingsunfolded-mmpaperie-04A4, female-sketch; rjefferies-thosewings-artistry-overlay; rjefferies-sacredtimeforourselves-overlay; lynne-marie-ageless-wordart-2; lbw_AAM-Bloghop-wa01-alt2; prd_timeflies_wa_timeflies, stitch_black.
MrsPeel, Dalis and LynnG like this.
    • mcurtt
      I love the before and now photos! Yep, aging is something we all face. I look at current pics of me and shudder. I can even see the difference from just a couple of years ago. But life marches on and waits for no one. BTW you look awesome in purple and I love your hair color now!
    • Cherylndesigns
      @mcurtt Thanks, Marilyn. Yes, we have no choice and the alternative isn't good. I think I've finally started to accept it and stop fighting it so hard in my mind. My siblings and I have been so terrified that we'd end up with this disease. It's in the corner of our minds all the time. Well, the good news is, I think I'll probably wear purple once in awhile now and thanks for the compliment on my hair. I never thought I could be a blonde, either. Haha
      MrsPeel and mcurtt like this.
    • Dalis
      @Cherylndesigns You look AMAZING in purple, but your smile is my favorite thing!
    • Cherylndesigns
      @Dalis Awwwwwww, thanks SO much, Dalis!! I needed this right now. :)
      MrsPeel and Dalis like this.
    • Dalis
    • MrsPeel
      @mcurtt Marilyn....and in a year or two you will look at the photos of today and think "oh I looked great!!!"
      it is a proven thing.... you may have read me saying I have a North American writer friend who write The Diva Doctrine, 16 Principles in life every woman should know. Well, one (and to me the most important to understand how our minds can trick us) is the ones that says : YOU are AT LEAST 10 times more beautiful than what you think you are- I spent my life until my 30s thinking I was nothing good to look at, and then when I looked back at the photos I was shocked, I was actually nothing like the idea (bordering trauma LOL) I had at the time!!!!!!! I look at you girls and I see pass the physical beauty, but , funnily enough, all of you (@Dalis and mys sister Cher here) are gorgeous ladies....!!! well, we can still call Dalis a girl LOL each of you have great features, in different ways, but each of you so beautiful!!!!! True, sometimes I wish I had money to go nip & tuck all the bags under my eyes or a thing here and there....but then I see the bits that mark events, life lived.....(and probably the first thing I should do is a good set of new dentures ROTFL!!!!)
      My dear Sister Cheryl..... the page is beautiful, full of sweetness and I think you are as beautiful now as you where then, plus the platinum and grey looks are trendy!!!!!! plus you have a HUGE heart, a fighter's heart, a wonderful warrior spirit and a talent for the art that makes you even more beautiful!!!!!! love the visuals here , the depth of the section shadows, everything is wonderful, and here I am wishing that, maybe, in a not too distance future, we maybe able to take a photo of us together and see how "chic" and elegant we are in our "3rd age!!!"
      Love the page (as always!!!)
      Thank you so much for playing with us!!!![​IMG]
    • Cherylndesigns
      @MrsPeel Oh my goodness, my Dear Dear Sister! Your beautiful words (to all of us) have had such an impact on me!! I truly believe you are SO right about how we "think" we look vs how we really look. My hubby got our passports out today to renew them - they're pretty old (they're the originals) - and the first thing I said was "I look SO young"!! I don't remember looking so young and I even said "Pretty". He laughed at me and told me that I was still just as pretty to him - so that's exactly what you're saying, my dear sister and friend. It was quite a revelation creating this page and I've never delved as deeply into my head and heart as I have since I joined The Pad and started Art Journaling. Thank you for another wonderful challenge, My Sister Love!!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Art Journaling
    Uploaded By:
    Cherylndesigns
    Date:
    Oct 31, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    93.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    500px
    Height:
    500px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).