Angela Toucan

Being Different

Being Different
Angela Toucan, Oct 15, 2019
Description:
For the AJ Muse, week 2 of Oct 2019, to scrap a page about a part of yourself you dislike, or don't feel comfortable with, but have learned to love or adapt.....

I've spent my entire life being different. Until recently I didn't understand why I didn't fit in. Why people treated me as if I was strange, nor why everyone else felt strange to me. As a child, and a young adult I hated being different. A few years ago I was diagnosed with autistic spectrum disorder. Now I understand, and learning to understand my autism has led me to be comfortable with being me, and being different. Now I can celebrate my differences, and see my strengths, not just my weaknesses.

Credits:
Word Art from All About Me Lilypad Blog Train Collab.
BYOC Oct 2019 - Pretty Princess Elements by Kristin Aagard.
BYOC Oct 2019 - Mellow by Lynn Grieveson.
Remembrance Page Blenders by NBK Designs.
Toadally by Chelle's Creations (colour adjusted)
MrsPeel, LynnG and Trish like this.
    • mcurtt
      Thanks for sharing that bit about yourself. I do believe you should add that journaling to your page, it is beautifully written...
    • RJMJ
      I LOVE This!...Don't Fret!...I'm Different Too!...I've Always Been Doing My Own Thing & Marching To The Beat Of My Own Drum!!!...It's Good To Be Doing Your Own Thing & Embracing Who You Are!!!...Bravo! To You!...
    • MrsPeel
      Angela, this is beautiful, visually is feeling me with sweetness and fresh feeling and warm at the same time, and your heart is here with me all the way.... I can't even start to imagine how difficult it has been for people whom, like you, didn't have the chance of being diagnosed until very recently..... my story is a bit long and complicated to share it just here, but I was always trying to be different than the norm , maybe because of the Flower Power, hippie, love and no war movement of my youth, but I do know now it was because I was so different physically and wanted to make it about something that would crash the physic`al differences... I know is not easy to explain, but, coming back t you, I am so so glad ypu arrived at The Pad and that we can share things and feelings, your pages are always beautifully put together, visually beautiful and when you share things like this, my heart fills with that feeling that I am not all that useless.... this makes me feel closer to some of you who give your heart in each of my challenges, in the chats or posts..... you know you have sisters that can feel and share and understand here, you are an inspiration to many of us!!!!!!
      @RJMJ , @mcurtt I am full of love and happiness when I see the sisterhood coming in full strength!!!!! thank you for being part of not only the pages, but the conversation!!!!!
      Thank you so much for playing with us!!!![​IMG]
    • bellbird
      i love how you used the frog with the crown here and the pile of toads to illustrate what you wrote and like marilyn said, it feels like it would be the perfect words to include on the page itself! i don't know that any ones really perfect anyway and underneath it all, we're all the same but the differences make us who we are and i'm glad to see you see the strengths you have and feel able to share with us here :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Art Journaling
    Uploaded By:
    Angela Toucan
    Date:
    Oct 15, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    109.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).