mcurtt

2019-10_October-TLP_AJ_02_Worst-Feature_web

2019-10_October-TLP_AJ_02_Worst-Feature_web
mcurtt, Oct 14, 2019
Description:
In addition to the obvious, the journaling reads: Not only did I inherit my mother’s chin, I was also blessed with her jaw dimples. Not the cute dimples in the middle of your cheeks. Nope, mine are about 1/2 “ below the corners of my mouth. When I was younger, I wished for plastic surgery... But DH convinced me that it is all what makes me “me”.

Credits:
Background paper: NBK Design - Pieces of Autumn
Elements from: NBK Design - Pieces of Autumn. Kristin Aagard - Home for the Holidays. Lynne-Marie - M3 Aug 2014. Rebecca McMeen - Anais, Donovan. Mommyish - Daily. Just Jaimee - Snapshots. Dawn Inskip - M3 Nov 2017, M3 June 2018. Little Butterfly Wings - Never Give Up. Pink Reptile Designs - Make a Change.
Word art from: Pink Reptile Designs - House Blend, Superstitious. Lynne-Marie - Ageless. Little Butterfly Wings - M3 Aug 2019.
blueberries and MrsPeel like this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      I certainly never noticed your "pointy chin". I love the treatment on the photograph but how your arrows point right at what you don't like. Very cool page - you scrapped something you don't like beautifully. (Is that kind of an oxymoron???)
      MrsPeel and mcurtt like this.
    • mcurtt
      @Cherylndesigns Thanks! I forgot to mention that the photo was run through Portra, an Android app on my tablet. I then turned it into black and white and brightened it a bit.
    • Tree City
      I just wanted to say I love everything about your page! But I have to say, I've never thought "pointy chin" when seeing your pages/photos. Like, even with arrows POINTing to it (gotta love pun)! I loooove that your husband told you not to change a thing. Such a great page to celebrate YOU!
    • flowersgal
      Gorgeous and fun page. I love John's reaction and BTW I never noticed either the pointy chin or the jaw dimples. After all, who's looking there when you have those arresting blue eyes?
    • Angela Toucan
      You are beautiful. Great art journaling page. thank you for sharing.
    • Karen
      It's funny... because I also have a pointy chin, but I like it! Someone told me somewhere along the line that I'd be grateful as I aged because a pointy chin helps hide a double chin (better than having no chin at all!) :giggle I love the photo treatment and the brush around your eye that you added!
    • mcurtt
      @Tree City @flowersgal @Angela Toucan @Karen Thanks ladies! This was a fun challenge, exposing my chin to the world. @Karen You are right about the double chin, if I have one I can't see it. Now that is putting a positive spin on things. LOL!
    • MrsPeel
      @Cherylndesigns girl, I don't think the word "oxymoron" can be in a sentence that references YOU!!!!! you spoken beautifully!!!!
      Marilyn, LOVE LOVE LOVE the page!!!!!! not only visually is absolutely gorgeous, and, like I always say, we have the power to transform something we do not feel so great about into a wonderful scrapbook page, but the conversation flowing is what I LOVE the most about this kind of challenges/inspiration for pages...... !!!
      Like everyone said, I never noticed it, and definitely do NOT think it looks bad AT ALL!!! more the opposite, I remember first time I saw a photo if you (I think it w`s on first MOC you scrapped? not sure, my memory is so bad right now) I w`s amazed, you are so beautiful and adding that to your artistic talent makes you awesome in all ways possible!!!
      Even though I do agree with your husband that some things "make us" ... I went for a nose job as soon as I turned 18 LOL (a story for another time!!!) awesome page visually and emotionally, awesome inspiration not only in the artsy side, but wonderful flow for the conversation... ladies, thank you so so much for the exchanges I am seeing/reading....I feel a bit closer to you with each page and when the conversation flows this way, it makes me feel a bit less "useless" and love that a challenge or inspiration exercise of ours serves to get us all closer!!!!!!
      @Cherylndesigns @Tree City @flowersgal @Angela Toucan @Karen (trust me, a pointy chin is MUCH better than the double one.... I am fighting to disguise right now LOLOLOL)
      Marilyn, Thank you so much for playing with us!!!![​IMG]
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Art Journaling
    Uploaded By:
    mcurtt
    Date:
    Oct 14, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    254.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    776px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).