dotcomkari

Collection Built on Love

Collection Built on Love
dotcomkari, Apr 11, 2017
Description:
Just Jaimee: Aug 2016 Alpha
Little Butterfly Wings: Feeling Blue, Free as a Bird
Heather Joyce: The Dry Ribbon

I started to collect blue willow and blue and white china at a very young age. My first pieces came from my grandmother who had pieces in her kitchen set that my grandfather brought back from Japan during the Korean War. When I was young, my parents would send us to my grandparents every weekend. I remember being drawn to the pretty Asian print of the blue willow on my grandmother’s china. Grandma gave me my first piece around age 10. From than I was hooked. Throughout the years I have picked up numerous pieces at garage sales or flea markets or even Goodwill! My collection has grown by leaps and bounds since I was a little girl. It no longer includes just Blue Willow but also pieces of other blue and white china that has grabbed my eyes. A lot of the pieces that mean the most to mean were gifted by loved ones, such as my deceased mother in law or those my fiancée found. Treasures I hold close to my heart that can never be replaced. And while I rarely use these treasures, they sit upon shelves in my living room for all to see.
MrsPeel and Tree City like this.
    • AJK
      **YOUR PAGE IS A FROGGY FAVORITE!**!!
    • Amson
      Oh I would so love to see your collection up close. I love blue willow patterning on anything! Wonderful page!!
    • dotcomkari
      @Amson .. I got five shelves now..
      And a half of cupboard...its getting out of control....lol
      Amson likes this.
    • cookingmylife
      Great great journaling!
    • MrsPeel
      Kari this is amazingly AWESOME!!!!!! I'm so glad you journaled so much, your collection is gorgeous and your page, as usual, a wonderful composition, marvelous all together!!!!!! I am sure you may have seen this, but just in case, this was one of my first Pinterest pins that stayed in my memory (which is very bad lately) you may have seen it, but thought you would like in case haven't:
      https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/1900024812283468/
      anyway, amazing collection, amazing page!!!!
      Thanks so much for playing with us!!!!! [​IMG]
      AJK and dotcomkari like this.
    • londoncuppa
      What a beautiful page, Kari. You made the perfect choice by going bold instead of subtle. It's just gorgeous!
    • bcgal00
      So striking against the vivid background!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Photography Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    dotcomkari
    Date:
    Apr 11, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    172.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).