Farwen

Christmas Memories

Christmas Memories
Farwen, Jul 23, 2019
Description:
For the Christmas in July 2019 10 Days of Challenges
Day 4: Earliest Christmas Memory

journaling:
... and at some point I realized that Christmas was here. It was the longest time, after summer, when you didn't go to school.
The typical Christmas music resounded daily from the tape recorder placed next to the presepe where still Jesus Child and the Three Wise Men were missing. The sweet melodies and the lights of the presepe and of the tree transformed the room into an enchanted world where I wandered in wonder, feeling a sense of growing joy. Behind the windows was the unknown world. This way mine. All.
I fell asleep with my eyes and mind to the colors of the bulbs of the tree and the presepe, imagining myself walking in that ancient landscape full of meaning, and I could feel a love that still excites me today. Sleep seemed like a dream.
Happy and satisfied about finding each other, there was no other way to experience Christmas than all together.
The sacredness of the day was palpable in the rite of the deposition of the Child Jesus in his place in the presepe, in going to listen to the Mass and in taking always new good intentions. The party continued like the novena that now sounded for a Baby Jesus finally in its place in the manger. And it went on like this until January 6th. Always according to tradition. Always together. Always remembering past times and thanking for what we had had.
Today it remains a sweet memory and a bitter regret of what surely escaped me from those moments that I should have lived more intensely. But I was in a hurry to grow up. New joys have replaced the oldest and newest pains I have today with me as if to remind me not to commit the same superficial error again: to participate in stories when these, on the other hand, scream at me to be lived.

credits:

Little Butterfly Wings - Once Upon a Christmas, Make Merry, All Wrapped Up Collab
Studio Basic - Shine Bright Collab (with Rachel Jefferies)

house by Brook Magee

font: CK Bloom
    • flowersgal
      I so enjoyed reading your journaling and could envision the meaningful rituals of past days. And then you drew the parallel and lessons learned for today. Well written.
    • redplaid3
      I, too, enjoyed reading your story and feeling the excitement and sense of family and faith involved in your celebration. Love your layered ripped paper, too.
    • bcnatty
      Wow...your journaling is amazing...you should be a writer!! Thank you for sharing this, a good reminder to live in the moment and enjoy everything!!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lilypad Challenges & Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    Farwen
    Date:
    Jul 23, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    236.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    510px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).