Meibritt

Christmas early 60s (Moc6-26 Tradition/Heritage)

Christmas early 60s (Moc6-26 Tradition/Heritage)
Meibritt, Jan 27, 2018
Description:
Whenever I think of something I would like my progeny to experience, I always have my father in mind. I think on Christmas, on the holy evening so I was small and still to the Christ child
believed. My father works at this time at a brewery called Stern brewery in Essen. And always on the afternoon of the 24th of December my father had to control something in the brewery. Did we go by bus or was it by tram? I do not know that anymore. At the brewery, Papa pretended to look after everything, the papers, the beer production. When I think about it, I have the smell of hops and malt in my nose. And always dad had to look through papers, I was allowed to sit on one of the office chairs and got a glass of malt beer to drink. Soon it was dark and dad was finished with what was supposed to be done. We then made our way home on foot. If you went down from the brewery area and looked to the right, you could still see the lighting of the Essen Light Weeks. But we had to go left direction Kronprinzenstraße and then direction Ruhrallee. It was always so exciting to see where a fir tree was already shining behind the windows. I was firmly convinced that there was already the Christ child. I always had the hope to see the Christ child. At least 20 or 30 times I asked if the Christ child came to us. And then we arrived home, Mom opened the door and mentioned that the Christ Child was there. I always wanted to know if Mama had seen it. No, of course not, she was in the kitchen and had not noticed. Then soon there was a mess and then dad played with me. He helped me put on my doll's new puppet things. He was the first customer in my new store. He made sure every year that Christmas Eve was something special for me. Only one thing he never managed to do, that I could see the Christ Child.
(356 words)

Paula Kesselring
Season to be Jolly
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Season-To-Be-Jolly.html
Merry Christmas
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Merry-Christmas.html

Sahlin Studio - ephemera: trimming the tree
https://the-lilypad.com/store/ephemera-trimming-the-tree.html

Template by Anna Aspnes Designs
    • lorieh
      What a beautiful story. Your page is lovely.
      Meibritt likes this.
    • Iowan
      Your reminiscences are so heartfelt and sweet-great story telling. Super photos. I got out Google translate and got your date from the title. Thanks for taking the heritage challenge!!
      Meibritt likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    Meibritt
    Date:
    Jan 27, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    250 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).