berniek

Carbid

Carbid
berniek, Jan 15, 2017
Description:
I've blended a black background paper with the painted background paper by using the "soft light" mode.

Credits:
Scrapping with Liz - DYD Templates
MPM - Bold
MPM - Discover
Valorie Wibbens - Felicity (MPM add on)
Font - stampwriter

Journaling translated:
On december 31st my dad and I went hunting for good carbide shooting. We had seen on Facebook that there was a group in Meppen that had lots of cans. So we went there. And yes, we counted 68 regular milk cans, or rather we counted the shoots, and two big ones with bouncy balls. The organization was also really good, there were even walking paths! Also the pace in which they shot the balls, was really high. A good year for carbide!

A little info on what's happening:
Carbide shows are a regional tradition in my little corner of the world. It happens on December 31st, and it's a way to ring out the old year.
There is a video (from 2014) of the event I attended this year, however farmers all around have little shows with just a few cans.
    • Iowan
      Well, this sounds very interesting. I'm not sure what you were doing but it sounds like a lot of fun. I like that plaid paper that brings out the colors of the balls.
      berniek likes this.
    • bcgal00
      What a fascinating story and interesting blending!
      berniek likes this.
    • Juliestcyr
      Love your blending. I had to go looks this up on youtube to see it in action. So interesting.
      berniek likes this.
    • berniek
      @Iowan @bcgal00 @Juliestcyr I guess it's a regional thing but it's pretty big where I live. It happens on December 31st, and it's a way to ring out the old year. There is a video (from 2014) of the event I attended this year, however farmers from all around have little shows with just a few cans.
      Juliestcyr likes this.
    • Iowan
      Thanks so much for including the video. How fun.
      berniek likes this.
    • bcgal00
      How interesting!
      berniek likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 5
    Uploaded By:
    berniek
    Date:
    Jan 15, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    279 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).