cfile

BOXTY House (MOC Day 7)

BOXTY House  (MOC Day 7)
cfile, Jan 7, 2020
Description:
MOC8 Jan 7 Day 7 Magazine Inspiration
Credits:
Paislee Press | A Love Story Kit (paper 11 & Love WA)
https://the-lilypad.com/store/A-Love-Story-Digital-Scrapbook-Kit.html

Paislee Press | Daily News 1 (3x8-template1)
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Daily-News-No1-3x8-Templates-by-paislee-press.html
font: Times New Roman Italic.
----------------
Journaling:
"Located in the Temple Bar area of Dublin, Ireland

What is a BOXTY? A Boxty is a traditional Irish potato pancake.

The most popular version of the dish is made with grated raw potato, cooked mashed potato, and flour, made into a batter with fresh milk and slow cooked in a pan until golden brown.

We had a free day in Dublin for our last day in Ireland. After visiting the Brazen Head pub (oldest pub in Ireland from 1198) and popping in to see the actual Temple Bar, we went and had a delicious lunch at Gallagher’s BOXTY House. CJ had the Gaelic Boxty [Medallions of Fillet Beef, Whiskey, Black Pepper & Mushroom Cream Sauce in a Boxty Pancake]. I decided to try the Stew Platter. [The BOXTY House’s Three Traditional Stews – Irish, Beef & Stout and Coddle served in Mugs with a Selection of Homemade Breads].

Both dishes were delicious and we throughly enjoyed our meal with a pint of Jack Smyth Stout."
chastml likes this.
    • nessita
      Love these photos. great page.
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @nessita Thank you!! It was as yummy as the photos!
      nessita likes this.
    • Angela Toucan
      potatoe pancakes are amazing aren't they. I need to make some now .... Brilliant page for the challenge.
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @Angela Toucan Thank you! I agree Angela.. I love them.. these were so thin like crepes with filling.. again yummy! I like them as thicker with Applesauce :)
    • *gina*
      fantastic page - love the photos and the journaling - great take on the challenge
      cfile likes this.
    • ashleywb
      Fantastic! Love the large photos showcasing your meal and I really enjoyed reading about Boxty. The centered circular title is a nice touch as well! Thanks for playing along with the challenge!
      cfile likes this.
    • CharlotteM
      love your stunning page, all the photos and journaling and love your magazine style- perfectly done, Christa!
      .....btw.....You always have wonderful topics from everyday life that are so close to me and always appeal to me and take me with me
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
    • cfile
      @ashleywb Thank you Ashley! I really enjoyed your challenge!!!
    • cfile
      @CharlotteM oh Chralotte.. Thank you so very very much.. I am very humbled.. your comment means so very much to me!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    cfile
    Date:
    Jan 7, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    231.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).