littlekiwi

At Home

At Home
littlekiwi, Jan 17, 2022
Description:
What is at the end of this driveway has never felt like home to me and never will I don’t think. I have great memories of things that happened in the suburb growing up, my favourite primary school teachers, meeting my best friend, getting my first job . Moving here was never something I adapted to very well, it probably has a lot to do with the relationship that made Mum & I move out here to Papakura. The relationship didn’t last long, him and I didn’t have a great relationship or understanding. I will admit it did get easier to learn to live here over time but the last couple of years with everything that happened here Ive wanted out again. Unfortunately that is not an option until I have a full time job but you best believe it I have a “one way ticket out of here” ready and waiting.

Inspired by @chigirl for her kit choice & @garrynkim for photo and layout composition

Putting Down Roots Bundle by Kim Jensen https://the-lilypad.com/store/Putting-Down-Roots-Bundle.html
Shadows Dressed Up by Fiddle Dee Dee Designs https://the-lilypad.com/store/Shadows-Dressed-Up-Photoshop-Tool-Styles.html
CU/PU - Shadow Styles + Separate the Style Action by Mommyish https://the-lilypad.com/store/stylin-263.html
umyesh likes this.
    • StefanieS
      Sorry that it isn't a haven from the world for you.
      Love the way you scrapped your perspective of the driveway and what it means/meant to you.
    • umyesh
      This is a lovely page Jennifer and I appreciate your heartfelt journaling. I’m a sucker for scatters so I love all the scatters around your photo. That green background is stunning too!
    • littlekiwi
      @umyesh you’d think after 26 years “home” would feel like “home” but at least to me it hasn't. I've been trying to escape for just over 6 years now!
      umyesh likes this.
    • umyesh
      @littlekiwi yes that is rough. I hope you find a way to escape, whether it be physically or emotionally.
    • littlekiwi
      @umyesh, emotionally I'm ok at least until the next intruder incident. The relationship mentioned hasn't been in our lives for 23 years so I'm ok in that respect and well physically escaping is a job and I'm trying in that respect all the time
      umyesh likes this.
    • garrynkim
      What great, heartfelt journaling. I love the way the scatters and paint flow out into the center of the page. Great scraplift on both layouts.
    • KimJ
      (((hugs))) Jennifer. Thank you for sharing this. The photo is wonderful, and the kit is just perfect for it. Terrific lift!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Kim Jensen
    Uploaded By:
    littlekiwi
    Date:
    Jan 17, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    244.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).