At Home

At Home
littlekiwi, Feb 27, 2018
Description:
Scraplift of
[​IMG]

Main Street by Kristin Aagaard
Storyteller February 2018 by Just Jaimee
Date Stamp by Just Jaimee (unsure which storyteller collection though)
Perdiem by Sara Gleason

I had wanted to move to student accommodation in 2016 before starting my postgraduate studies but for whatever reason I wasn’t selected. I then realised quickly that the commute from home to Hamilton wouldn’t actually be that dissimilar to the commute to Epsom which I had been doing for 3 years so I ended up booking a whole lot of cheap bus fares for the two days a week I needed to be down there. By May I was well and truly over 13-14 hour days, buses being late from Wellington, missing my local bus home and having no taxis available that I started looking for flatting options down there. I hadn’t really been looking all that hard to be honest because if I didn’t find anything I would just continue commuting as I had done. However all that changed when one day I found the perfect flat with an older woman, nice and close to the bus to uni and within budget. I went down one Saturday and met with her and thought this is exactly the area I want to be in, its quiet, affordable and will reduce my stress and anxiety. Unfortunately while initially the flatting worked out, it only lasted a short while (not my decision) and I had to move to a place that I really didn’t love. In the end I realised I wasn’t coping and was burnt out by many things so after three months moved back home. If nothing else I soon learnt that while I wanted to move closer it was probably best for me in the future to move to somewhere on my own where I didn’t feel like someone was ‘watching my every move’ and where I could be independent
lcpereyra, KittyY and chastml like this.
    • ashleywb
      Gorgeous page! I love the stitched down tab and the colorful triangles under your photo. I hope eventually you will find a housing situation that meets your needs.
    • jenn mccabe
      love your take on the lift Jennifer! the stitches and the stamp filling in for the ribbons are neat touches and i love the WA right over the photo! beautiful page and i agree w/Ashley - hope you find what you need - I'm sure the right situation is out there when you are ready!
    • flowersgal
      The colorful triangles under your photo are a great touch and the stitching at the top also. They create a sort of open frame for your photo and journal card. Very descriptive journaling telling your story and feelings. Hope you find just the right living arrangements soon.
    • norton94
      Love this lift! I really like the painted card and triangle border - nice clean lines and that stitched border really sharpen the look
    • lcpereyra
      Love your page and scraplift! It looks awesome!
    • Saar
      I agree with everyone else. Love your scraplift as well. Love the page design. And I can relate to your journal.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Scraplift Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    littlekiwi
    Date:
    Feb 27, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    245.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).