April 13 2023
tanteva, Apr 13, 2023
Description:
Credits:
Viridian Collection by Rachel Jefferies
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Viridian-The-Complete-Mixed-Media-Collection.html

Font - Traveling Typewriter

Translation:
Been thinking a lot about loneliness lately. It feels like, besides Urban, I have no friends. Reading articles on how to break your loneliness, but it's mainly tips on how to approach people and how to get in contact with people, but that's not my problem. I think it's my ADHD that messes things up for me. I have no problems whatsoever to reach out to people, and are in no way scared to talk with them. On the contrary, I find it easy. But I do not understand how you go from a shallow aquaintance to a proper friend. I often miss having a close friend. Or just to have a gang to hang with. Sometimes I wonder if internet totally destroyed peoples way to socialize. Now you just scroll through feeds and like posts. You used to have to go home to people. Nowadays, people don't have the time. Everything that happens on-line, take so much time, you don't have time to meet people IRL.
    • ArmyGrl
      :beat As much as I can, I understand what you are journaling about. And, online communication - which is pretty much written words - does not embody the full scope of communication from body language and facial expressions to the tone and inflection of one's voice. I guess I'm excluding reels here...but those are one way communication too. Where I diverge from your journaling is I'm such an introvert. More times than not, I'd rather spend hours alone in my own headspace.
      tanteva likes this.
    • flowersgal
      @tanteva - Thanks for providing a translation of your journaling. Making friends takes time -- spending in-person time together, having common interests, being willing to be vulnerable and reveal more than surface bits about yourself, your feelings, your emotions, your struggles, etc. We have made several state-to-state moves where I knew not one single soul when we arrived. It's uncomfortable putting yourself out there by I quickly learned that it was required. You couldn't just wait for people to come to you. .... I see I could write a whole chapter on this but not here. Anyway you have created a thoughtful and lovely layout.
      tanteva likes this.
    • IntenseMagic
      I completely understand! I truly feel like that is one of the reasons I have not retired yet. I would miss the daily interaction with friends and I just know that it wouldn't be the same, we'd probably seldom see each other face to face. This is such a lovely page!
      tanteva likes this.
    • littlekiwi
      I totally understand you, I have such a small group of friends now days
      tanteva likes this.
    • keepscrappin
      Wish I could give you a hug IRL! Online friends are great, but I agree in person is best!

Such a great combination of the template with the diary paper to give it a completely new look. Thanks for playing along with Rachel Jefferies April 2023 mixed media challenge! :heartlub
      tanteva likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Rachel Jefferies
    Uploaded By:
    tanteva
    Date:
    Apr 13, 2023
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    217.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).