suetr

MOC-31-Now-and-Then-2010-2017

MOC-31-Now-and-Then-2010-2017
suetr, Feb 1, 2018
Description:
I have to say, I got a little choked up writing the copy on this one!

Template: Paislee pressplate No34
Kit: One Little Bird-Thrive (appropriate title no?)

Text 390 Words:
Wow…first days of school seven years apart…THEN we were living in Melrose and I drove you to school everyday in the trusty Pathfinder, you were at the lower school campus less than two miles from the house and I used to drop you off every morning and pick you up every afternoon. Drop off would usually be just driving up and you’d hop out but on the first day of school, you had so much stuff, I’d park and walk over with you and find your classrooms and say hi to all the moms and dads I hadn’t seen all summer, the teachers would have big signs describing their classrooms and it was such fun and a nice celebration of back to school! For several years after school, a huge bunch of us would descend on the ice cream store in Melrose, Heavenly Licks for ice cream and then a play at the park down the street.

NOW we’re living in Wakefield, 4 miles from our old house. You girls take the bus most days unless there is a club meeting before school. First day of school is the traditional photo and then off you go down the street to the bus. No fuss, no muss. Backpacks still full of fresh school supplies although now you mostly get to pick your own and you bring them in over the course of a week, not all at once. Now, I still pick you up occasionally but most days there is a sports practice at the facility after school so you take the sports bus and I pick you up after practice. It’s hard to believe that soon, you’ll be driving yourselves!!! I will miss our conversations in the car because I get to see you less and less as the years go on, but I won’t miss slogging to Malden several times a day.

ONE thing that is the same NOW as THEN.. The celebratory First Day of School dinner at the Border Cafe. We have been going there every year since Kindergarten so we are not stopping now! Most years, Aunty Moe comes along to join in the fun, which makes it extra special because we don’t see her as much as we’d like.

Hard to believe there is only one more back to school left!

xo

mom
    • AnneofAlamo
      oh momma, the remembering is so sweet and so awesome, your heart is all over the page!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    suetr
    Date:
    Feb 1, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    124.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    864px
    Height:
    864px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).