KAPOH

31.-Home

31.-Home
KAPOH, Jan 31, 2017
Description:
"Home"
I've been fortunate to travel to the Soviet Union/Russia-Ukraine on two occasions. I've joked that I was Russian in a prior life and it really felt like it the first time I saw what was then known as Leningrad (now St. Petersburg). On my first trip, I traveled alone and was paired with another "single" to share lodging. Could have been a disaster, but Sheila and I got along so well, that the rest of our tour group thought we were long-time friends. The itinerary for that trip was Leningrad/Kiev/Moscow. The second trip was with my sister after the fall of the Soviet Union. This itinerary was St. Petersburg/Odessa/Moscow. The highlight was our Moscow hotel, the Rossiya, right on Red Square. St. Basil's was, literally, at our front door. The Rossiya was the largest hotel in Europe until its closure in 2006.
1. Winter Palace and Alexander Column on Palace Square seen through Arch of the Building of the General Staff (photo by Richard Nowitz)
2. St. Andrew's Church-Kiev (photo by Xsandriel)
3. Odessa Theatre of Opera and Ballet (photo by Assedo)
4. St. Basil's on Red Square (photo by Izzet Keribar)

CREDITS: MAP: web; PHOTOS: from web-1. by Richard Nowitz; 2. by Xsandriel; 3. by Assedo; 4. by Izzet Keribar; KITS: This or That by Etc. by Danyale; Project Mouse World China by brittishdesigns; FONT: Cyrillic; Myriad Pro; Comic Sans; MATRYOSHKA DOLLS: by me
    • Iowan
      Yikes, could you have found a more perfect kit for your lovely layout. How cool that you got to see the country before and after "the fall".
    • Pups_r_Paps
      Love how you pulled colors from your background paper for your Matryoshka dolls, so cute. Great that neither trip was tainted by having bad roommates! I like how you put the city names in Cyrillic and marked the two routes for the two trips.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 5
    Uploaded By:
    KAPOH
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    132.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    640px
    Height:
    495px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).