Being Silly bubble speech by Kristin Aagard
Feel Good Papers by Elif Sahin Designs
Month in Review Stamps by Elif Sahin Desings
New Day Papers by Elif Sahin Designs
Summer Day Elements & Stamps by Elif Sahin Designs
Font used Playball. Own photos
Journaling reads "
Our trip to Moscow
One weekend we were preparing for some gardening in our backyard, when my husband's cousin came and told us that, he and his fiancé planned a trip to Russia, but for some personal reasons they wouldn’t be able to do it, and they didn’t even know when they’d get the chance, so the travel agency suggested'em to sell the tickets to somebody else, and we were on their list. My husband wanted to have some holidays, so we bought the tickets. The names change was made, etc., it was middle of the summer, and practically not having so much to do, so in less than a week, we were ready to explore a completely new country, for a while I was terrified, I tried to learn some basic expressions, like “da” for yes, “niet” for no, etc., but hoping that everybody would speak english or finnish. One day before travel, I double checked that everything was packed, especially a Tourist Guide book and a pocket russian – english english-russian wordbook that I placed in my handbag. I was so glad that a guy from our hotel came to meet us at the airport, but when I listen him speak with another guy at the parking place, I lost all my hopes, they spoke so fast that I understood I’d never survive with my miserable language skills. Our plan was explore the city by ourselves, so all what it was included in our hotel pack was a breakfast and dinner menu, so we’d eat the main meal out in the city. The first day we got into a supermarket, and caught our attention a finnish cheese but with russian text, we bought it, and took pictures right outside on the street, people crossed by and smiled, not sure what they thought, but for us something so ordinary became an extraordinay. We spent such great times, and we did pretty well in english, the locals helped us a lot, and just a couple of times I used my dictionary."
Elaine80, Graciela1 and Avia like this.
    • cfile
      Wonderful page Grace, and what a trip.. I would be nervous too with such a short window to travel and not knowing the language. So glad you found cheese and enjoyed your trip :) I love all the stamps you used and how cute re the speech bubble with "Cheese" for your photo taking!

Thank you for sharing and for playing along with MOC Day 26 Rmemberance/Tribute challenge!
      G.J. likes this.
    • G.J.
      Christa dear, thank you so much for the kind, sweet comment and for being my friend.
      Hope you are doing great my dear. Happy February, lots of love :bk:bk:bk
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 10
    Uploaded By:
    G.J.
    Date:
    Feb 1, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    546.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).