Description:
Template from TLP Collab All About You
Background papers are from Amy Wolff Mega Solids Vol. 5
Arrow Lynn Grieveson Turning It Around
Postmark TLP Collab Brightside
All else is TLP Collab All About Me and TLP Collab All About You

Journaling is 186 words
Font is John Lennon. Title font is Pristina

In 1970 I was 16 and the unofficial bandmaster of the Salvation Army Huntsville, Alabama Corps band. We were the first co-ed explorer post - Post 11 - in the US and providing dinner music for the Boy Scout annual dinner. Unfortunately, my baton did not make it to the venue, and I had to use the Bandmaster’s. It was twice as long as mine. I raised my hands to bring instruments up and expected beautiful music when my baton came down on the downbeat. Much to my horror, that extra-long baton found its way into the curly locks of the woman who chose that moment to walk behind me. Her wig flew through the air straight into the tuba’s bell. The sound was NOT lovely, more like a dying cow. I was as red as my smart red tunic and sure I was dying. The lady fished her wig out, put it on, gave us a huge smile, and walked away. I picked up the baton, signaled instruments up, and checked behind me to insure we had no more runaway wigs. The music was heavenly!
gonewiththewind and trekmom like this.
    • trekmom
      This could be movie gold comedy. You've got a great memory to share.
    • gonewiththewind
      Hi! As I'm running out of time before the final MOC8 deadline, I'm stopping quickly to let you know that your layout meets the Youer Than You Challenge requirements. I'll be back later to really enjoy reading your page and at that time I'll leave you a lovely comment. :) Thanks for being patient and thanks for playing in my challenge! ((HUGS)) Cheryl
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    Susan - s3js
    Date:
    Feb 2, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    234.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).