Iowan

2021-$TRESS

2021-$TRESS
Iowan, Nov 27, 2021
Description:
2021 $TRESS
NOvember (Bundle) by Little Butterfly Wings & Studio Basic

Journaling
Can you spell stress with a large dollar sign? $TRESS, I can.

The saga started about two weeks ago when our television started blinking and the picture became somewhat striated. The TV was 12 years old so I guess we should not have been surprised that we would have to replace it. Black Friday was coming up, so we felt lucky that the timing was right. We did not even have to research TVs as our son-in-law was buying one for his new house and had done the research. Yay Costco for the TV special.

Last Friday, it was time to do laundry and the washing machine gave up the ghost. It quit and locked itself during the first load of the day. It is a front-loader and the door locked. We called two repair places neither of which would attempt to fix it. Dave could not open the door and even bought some special screwdrivers to no avail. So, we studied the washing machine ratings in Consumer Reports. At Home Depot, we paid the big bucks and replaced the set since the dryer was getting hotter and hotter too. They won’t be delivered until next week, so I’m pretty sure the load of laundry in the locked washing machine is history. Lucky us, Black Friday is coming up.

Tuesday, as we were gearing up for Thanksgiving, the dishwasher decided to stop running. Dave got out the shop vac and sucked out the standing water inside it but he could not get it to start again. It was completely dead. Back to Consumer Reports, back to Home Depot but lucky us, Black Friday is coming up.

Are you getting the theme here? We’re not done. I have been trying to get my old monitors to connect to my new computer but could not get the connection to work on the older one. After trying six different cords with various configurations (I’m sure Amazon was happy with me returning 6 different cords) and days and days of trial and error, my tech support, who were here for the holidays, determined that the old monitor just wouldn’t work with the new computer. Back to Costco but, unfortunately, the darn monitor wasn’t on the Black Friday sale!!
    • bcgal00
      Great page but so sorry for all your woes. I can relate, we've had a few appliances break down recently and just a few days ago hubs noticed that the TV picture now has white halos that are getting worse every day so we'll have to replace that over the next month for sure. We all need to win the lottery LOL or I need to find a money tree :)
      Iowan likes this.
    • weaselwatchr
      Oh no!!! It’s so frustrating that everything seems to break down all at once. You mentioned your tv going out after a decade. Ours lasted 16 years and I was devastated. And of course the newer ones regardless of what it is, fridge, washing machine, or tv, don’t seem to last as long as older models. Good luck and great scrap!
    • Iowan
      @weaselwatchr i swear my mom had TVs that lasted 30-40 years. I was surprised at the short longevity of today’s appliance. But, as we learned, nobody knows how to fix them.
    • weaselwatchr
      @Iowan we have a fridge that came with the house. It has to be about 30 years old at this point. Works like a charm. We use it in the basement for extra cold storage. Our super fancy fridge that’s about 7 years old keeps needing to get computer chips replaced, the ice maker stopped working etc. that don’t make them like they used to
      Iowan likes this.
    • littlekiwi
      gorgeous...what a story though....I totally get that feeling though
      Iowan likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    Iowan
    Date:
    Nov 27, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    247.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).