mcurtt

2020-MOC#31_Last-Time_web

2020-MOC#31_Last-Time_web
mcurtt, Jan 31, 2020
Description:
Lynne-Marie - Firm Foundations#3, Outdoors. Little Butterfly Wings - Our Legacy, M3 March 2017.Paula Kesselring - Lace Fragments #1, M3 March 2017. Sahin Designs - It’s About Time. Lynn Grieveson - Fresh Start, Poe. Becca Bonneville - Fresh Start. Pink Reptile Designs - Younicorn, Brightsiding, Time Flies. Mommyish - It’s About Time. Sabrina Dupre - It’s About Time.

Journaling: Wanda - You were my mother’s first cousin, and you and she would both correspond, even though you never met. You lived in a small village in Poland, while my mother lived all of her life in Chicago. Your father and my maternal grandmother were brother and sister. After Rick & Sarah went to Poland on a genealogy quest, by the grace of God, you were able to connect. And then began our correspondence, you would send me cards at Christmas and Easter. You were concerned that my mother had not written for some time. I had to gently inform you that she had passed. You somehow understood, even with the language barrier. We were invited to your grandson’s wedding. We decided to make the trip, to meet my cousins in this strange land, the birthplace of my grandparents. You and I met on September 30, 2016, I brought you a small photo album of your American family. We hugged and kissed. With a translator present, we could communicate. You were not feeling well. In fact, you were unable to attend your grandson’s wedding. You were 88 years old. It was the first time and the last time we would meet. You passed away less than three months later in December of 2016.
Electra and trekmom like this.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    mcurtt
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    255.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    776px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).