Remembrance {All in one Bundle}by NBK
Ephemera - Bundle #2 by Paula Kesselring
More Thread Please by Valorie Wibbens
Lucille Kit by Lynn Grieveson Designs
LOADS OF FUN Page Kit by Forever Joy
Petticoat Rose by Forever Joy
Fun, Fun, Fun Elements by Sabrina Dupre

Text (239 Words)
Pictured here is a very old piece of advertising for H. H. Treffer, Ladies Tailor. You can tell it is old by both what is advertised, skirts pleated, and for the price of $1.00. My husband, Dave, grew up on a farm in Bennett, Iowa. The farm had been in the family since the mid-1800s. The barn where the sign was found had always been referred to as the “horse barn” from well before Dave’s family took over the farm when he was six years old and there were no longer horses on the farm. It wasn’t until approximately forty-five years later, when the barn had fallen into disrepair and was no longer used, that Dave was removing boards from the barn to be used for making picture frames out of barn board. The frames were for me to use at an earlier stage of my crafting life. While looking for boards, Dave ran across the H. H. Treffer sign that had been used to patch a hole in the barn siding. He rescued the sign and gave it a good cleaning. Remember, it had coexisted with horses and cattle for a long time and was in need of being cleaned. We both liked the sign and it has been displayed in our home ever since. The real mystery is how the sign made its way from Davenport, Iowa to the farm which was thirty miles away from Davenport.
KarenB, LynnG, ForeverJoy and 3 others like this.
    • nessita
      Wonderful page. Love how you mixed and matched so many different kits.
      Iowan likes this.
    • LoveItScrapIt
      This is a beautiful page and story. I love the grungy feel to match the "old" item. Lovely
      Iowan likes this.
    • AJK
      I love everything about this. Such style!
      Iowan likes this.
    • jesskab
      Skirts pleated for $1!!! Such an awesome find. Your page is just beautiful, captures that old-timey spirit so well! Thank you so much for joining the storytelling challenge!
      Iowan likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    Iowan
    Date:
    Jan 20, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    245.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).