Preserved Template by Sara Gleason
The When {daters) by Sara Gleason
The Story Unfolds Kit by One Little Bird Designs
Ups & Downs Kit by Elif Sahin Designs
Circle Stitches by Sahlin Studio
Hey Mister! by Karah Fredericks
Tissue Textures #3 by Anna Aspnes

Journaling Reads:
The last thing I expected in 2017 was to be diagnosed with breast cancer.

I have always been proactive about my health, eating well, working out daily and getting regular health check-ups.

The diagnosis came as a huge shock to me, and I found myself about to embark on a journey that I certainly did not sign up for.

I am a person who usually visits the doctor once a year. Suddenly, I was thrown into a world of weekly medical appointments. These included scans, MRI's, surgeries and daily radiation treatments. I found myself learning all about core needle biopsies, breast wire localization, radiation, neutropenia and tumor markers. In hindsight, the surgeries were probably the easiest part of this journey.

It was new and unchartered territory for me, and to say that I was terrified would be an understatement. I quickly gained a new appreciation for people who are chronically ill and the struggles they must face on a daily basis. It made me realize just how much I used to take my good health for granted, and what a privilege it is to be able to run each day.

As crazy as this sounds, I have so very much to be thankful for. My cancer was caught in the very early stage, when it could have been so much worse. I was blessed with a team of medical professionals who are the best in the business, and this is evidenced in my progress and ongoing recovery. The adventures of the past fourteen months have taught me so much about life, and about myself.

I have learned that it is OK for me to show vulnerability, for it is during times of weakness that God shows me how strong I really am. I have learned that on the days where I feel lost, I can lean on Him to guide me back to the path ahead. I have learned that on the darkest days, His light will always shine brighter than any darkness. I have a new appreciation for my life and my family. They are far more valuable than any material thing money can buy. I have also learned to be thankful for little things in life like sleeping on my side.

It is true. The little things really are the big things. And yes, God is good.
DivaMom96 and huyentrang43 like this.
    • jenn mccabe
      Aw Jen, I am so sorry to hear this. Hoping you continue to progress with this devastating illness. You have been missed, and your heartfelt and raw journaling is so beautifully written. Love your page and gentle hugs.
      JenEm likes this.
    • Tree City
      Jen, I'm so sorry for the diagnosis but it's wonderful that you've realized your own strength during your treatment. Your honesty on your beautiful page is admirable, and thank you for sharing your story with us.
      JenEm likes this.
    • jk703
      Jen... I'm so happy to see you posting! :beat Sending lots of gentle hugs and maybe a heartier one by now! It was a tough year, and I am positive that your courage to share has given other people support, strength, and wisdom! You have me given a chance to look at my own situation, and be grateful! Thank you for that! This is a beautiful story, thank you for sharing it with me, and us here at TLP.
      JenEm likes this.
    • DisneyMom
      What a hard thing to scrap about. Thanks for sharing your story, you scrapped it so beautifully.
      JenEm likes this.
    • littlekiwi
      absolutely stunning photoless page
      JenEm likes this.
    • cinderella
      You made a really beautiful page with a hard subject. Thanks for sharing!
      JenEm likes this.
    • janedee
      Thank you so much for sharing your amazing journaling! Such a powerful page!
      JenEm likes this.
    • wombat146
      Such a powerful and beautiful page, and your journaling so very heartfelt. Sending you loads of positive healing thoughts for your continued recovery!
      JenEm likes this.
    • DivaMom96
      Such a powerful page. I'm so glad that things are turning out well for you. I love how you put everything together to tell an amazing story with such beauty. Powerful journaling to equal such power artwork.
      JenEm likes this.
    • docsheila1
      Just checked this out. Amazing what we can learn, huh? Genes, genes, genes:righton
      JenEm likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Sara Gleason
    Uploaded By:
    JenEm
    Date:
    Oct 8, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    102.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).