2015 World Series!

2015 World Series!
kendrawalter, Jan 13, 2018
Description:
Created for MOC Day 11 - On This Day

Storyteller March 2017 Stacked Photo Templates - Just Jaimee
Storyteller June 2017 - Just Jaimee
State The Date - Pink Reptile Designs
Of Wishes, Hopes, and Dreams - Paula Kesselring (alpha) Mommyish (gold glitter style)

Journaling:
When the Royals made the World Series, my friend Max offered to work my Saturday shift if I decided I wanted to go to Game 4 in New York. It was a really tempting offer, but I couldn’t justify paying $800 for one ticket, so I passed. When the Royals won Game 4 and went up 3 games to 1, Mets fans started selling their tickets for crazy low amounts (by comparison), and Jason told me I should reach out to Max again to see if his offer stood for Sunday. Of course it was super late when I sent Max the text, and he was already asleep, so I had to wait ‘til morning for his response. You know I had a hard time sleeping while waiting for his reply. He finally woke up and agreed to work my shift, but then no one from work would answer my call asking for a last second time-off request, so I drove in to work to ask Rich in person. I gotta tell you, I love working in sports because my bosses get it. He agreed without a second thought! I was so excited I asked if I could HUG Rich and he agreed! Next to buy the tickets. They were being snatched up off Stubhub so quickly, I couldn’t click on them before they were sold...but I eventually found our seats for $325 each. WHAT A STEAL!! (Jason was already in NYC cheering on a friend in the New York City Marathon, but I kept him updated via text the whole time.) I stopped at Target for poster board and Markers and drove straight to the train station. I made my signs on the Train, then met Jason at Grand Central. We had to make one stop before heading to Citi Field. The Subway system was running a Vintage subway car that Jason really wanted to ride, so we got on at it’s origination point and rode it all the way out to the game! Right after we entered the Stadium, we ran into Marlins Man so we snagged a picture with him! We grabbed some food, found our seats, and settled in! We were in a sea of Orange, but there were a couple other Royals fans in our section. The game wasn’t looking promising, Royals were down 2-0 in the 9th Inning. I insisted I wasn’t concerned because these are the Royals, and this is how they’ve been all postseason, but in my mind, I was thinking, ‘well at least I got to go to a World Series game, even if it wasn’t the winning game’. Then Lorenzo Cain scored on a Hosmer double. Mike Moustakas grounded out but advanced Hoz to third. Salvy was thrown out at first, but for some reason Hosmer ran home. Somehow the first baseman overthrew the catcher and Hoz’s heroics tied the game! It was so wild! Mets did nothing in the bottom of the 9th and we went to extras. That is SO like the Royals. Mets fans started to leave at that point. I don’t know why you would ever leave a World Series game, especially when your team is still in it. Actually, I kinda understood the people trying to make it back to Grand Central for the last train out, but lucky for me, my friend Eric was working this game on Remote for Baseball Tonight and offered the second bed in his hotel room if we wanted to stick around. I swear, this day wouldn’t have been possible without great friends helping me out! I quickly jumped on his offer, though I was staying whether I had a place to sleep or not! Anyway, THEN THE 12th INNING HAPPENED!!! The Royals scored FIVE runs!! By the bottom of the 12th, the stadium was almost completely Royals fans, and when Wade Davis threw that last out, we went absolutely bananas! We stayed and celebrated with the team and the Royals fans until security kicked us out. We even ran into our friend Kyle! We eventually took a cab to Eric’s hotel, but again I couldn’t sleep after all that excitement! The next day, I had to work at noon, and after my early assignment, I took the rest of the day off to sleep! I can’t believe I get to have this story forever! It was THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!
MrsPeel likes this.
    • cfile
      how awesome and fun! So glad you are scrapping a fabulous event that you love and that you were able to get it all worked out! (I am a mets fan from way back) but so glad since you are a Royals fan that they won :) love all the journaling and your play by play. Not sure what you do for a living in the sports sector, however the way you wrote about the game, you sound like an announcer and it was as if I was listening to the game again on the radio. Only thing missing was the sounds of the crowd :) (My hubby used to do sports on the local radio station and also for AFN, so I get it :) ) Great page!! I really feel like I was with you! Great elements and papers chosen!
    • kendrawalter
      @cfile I work behind the scenes at ESPN..so I might talk about the games the way I hear them everyday lol I'm sorry my team's win was at the expense of your team. I moved away from Kansas City in 2006 so I hadn't been able to really feel the energy of playoff baseball until the team came out here closer to where I am now, so it was really special! Thanks for your kind words! I have been sitting in this one for awhile. I knew it would take some time to get it all down. Now I'm happy to have it finished, but also to have had the chance to relive it while journaling about it!
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @kendrawalter how exciting to work at ESPN.. re the Mets, no biggie. We now live in Virginia so most of the time the game is not televised so it is ok. I am just glad you had a great time and it was such an exciting game for you! You definitely got your monies worth!
    • MrsPeel
      gorgeous page, love the intensity that is reflected not only in your journaling, but also in your choices like the strong purple, the glitter title, the amount of photos and the way you placed them give lots of movement , the stitches are the perfect detail to seal the marvels of the page.... [​IMG]
    • HeatherB
      What a fun event to scrap about! Great storytelling and you've captured the excitement of that day perfectly! What an amazing time! Love seeing all the different photos from the day. Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
    • kendrawalter
      @HeatherB thanks for the challenge! It was a fun memory to relive!
      HeatherB likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    kendrawalter
    Date:
    Jan 13, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    249.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).