cookingmylife

20-07-Monthly-Challenge-Looking Back

20-07-Monthly-Challenge-Looking Back
cookingmylife, Aug 2, 2020
Description:
Lynn Grieveson Designs - August Stretch Your Stash Challenge: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/lynn-grieveson-aug-2020-how-far-can-you-make-a-kit-go.72475/

Lynn's July Challenge got me in the mood for some nostalgia again, so I did some more for August. A good push to get some of my heritage pages done!

This is the only photo of my maternal grandparents in their early days of marriage. Pop Pop, Joseph Linkevich, was an immigrant from Lithuania & Nana, Maria Rose, was a child of Lithuanian immigrants. She was born in 1896 & he was born in 1889. At this time, he was working as a coal miner and she was working in a silk mill. They lived in Hazleton Pennsylvania. They had two children, Joseph age 5 here & Mary age 2. Mary was my mother. PopPop died in 1947 of black lung disease & Nana lived until 1972 when she died age 78 of leukemia.

lgrieveson_nostalgia kit
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Nostalgia-Kit.html

Thanks for looking!
LynnG and mary kate like this.
    • flowersgal
      Wonderful history. I was interested to note that he came from Lithuania as my husband's grandparents immigrated from there also. How blessed you are to have this photo and you did a lovely job of scrapping it. The dark small patterned paper looks like wallpaper from the period.
    • Angela Toucan
      fabulous journaling to go with your precious old photo. I love the colours you used for the papers
    • cookingmylife
      @flowersgal Patsy, when I get back to some more genealogy we'll have to compare locations of our families. I DID think that paper looked like wallpaper myself! though sadly they certainly wouldn't have had the money to do such things in their own house.
    • mary kate
      Gorgeous family history page, and I love how you've included lots of journaling.
    • cookingmylife
      @mary kate Oh I love reading the whole story on pages myself!
    • mcurtt
      The black & gold are awesome backdrops for your photo. Love the detailed journaling. And so thrilled that you own a family portrait, including your mother!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lynn Grieveson
    Uploaded By:
    cookingmylife
    Date:
    Aug 2, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    249.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).