1999 Time For Soup

1999 Time For Soup
Iowan, Jan 31, 2019
Description:
1999 Time for Soup
Digital Traveler's Notebook Templates - January BYOC by Just Jaimee
Reflections Traveler's Notebook Kit by Sahin Designs
Travel Sketches-Words by Rebecca McMeen
spoon: Cottage Tea by Etc by Danyale (NLA)
rubber band: by Dawn Inskip (NLA)
ephemera 11 by Paula Kesselring
ephemera 10 by Paula Kesselring
ephemera 6 by Paula Kesselring
Textual Transfer 2 by Lynn Grieveson Designs
M3 Mar 17 by Little Butterfly Wings
Oh My Deer by Lynn Grieveson Designs
January 31: Traveler's Notebook + Connections

Text:
Mom was a great cook and she really took pride in her soup making. Several times each year she would drive the three hours from Omaha, NE to Newton, IA with the sole purpose of filling our freezer with homemade soups. She would make four or five different varieties of soups and stews with batches ranging anywhere from 5 to a couple dozen meals. She even went out to Walmart and bought a special soup kettle, a vat, to make her concoctions. Her favorite soup to make was her hearty vegetable beef. It was Dave’s favorite too. She would usually whip up a batch of her delightful apple dumplings to accompany the soups. It was such a treat coming home from teaching to a wonderful selection of homemade soups, stews, chili, and spaghetti.

Fast forward twenty years….. I have become the soup maker and I still have the vat which usually languishes in my garage. Along comes, Grandson Connor who is a picky eater, but we discovered that he likes one food item-grandma’s homemade soup. We hear those rare words from him, “Grandma, can I have some more.” I was so lucky to have had such a good teacher and such a big cooking pot.
    • StefanieS
      Wow, Carol this is such a stunning payout, not to mention an enabling one. How did I miss that Jaimee had these templates? I love the smiling photo, the elastic holding everything together, the bits and pieces adding a truly paper feel. Its fabulous memory keeping done beautifully.
      Iowan likes this.
    • Nightshadow
      I love this layout, the subject all the bits and pieces and the wonderful memories you've recorded.
      Iowan likes this.
    • *gina*
      a stunning layout - love your journaling
      Iowan likes this.
    • CarolynJoyce77
      wow fabulous layout and such a beautiful story, I just love it.
      Iowan likes this.
    • NancyP
      Now THAT'S a Traveling Notebook!! Look at all those goodies!! I absolutely LOVE your story----and I agree----there is nothing like a huge pot of homemade soup, especially with it is negative 17 degrees outside!!!
      Iowan likes this.
    • lmccandless
      Not only did you beautifully tell a story that has connections through multiple generations of your family, your whole design here is simply incredible!! The ephemera and the spoon are perfect touches!! Such an awesome LO!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    Iowan
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    245.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).