cookingmylife

1907-TLP-Journaling_Uh Oh

1907-TLP-Journaling_Uh Oh
cookingmylife, Jul 30, 2019
Description:
Even when something goes wrong, down the years the story becomes a good and funny memory. :happydance btw, push chair was the English word for stroller. I wonder if that's still true?

August 1969 Trey and I were visiting from England that summer. To say that the heat was a shock to our systems is an understatement. On our visit to Washington, my mother and I decided that a trip to the zoo might be a treat for Trey. Well, in the heat the zoo smell was overwhelming to this two year old! He walked for bits and it got old fast. So back in his ‘pushchair’ he went and we decided to take his little shoes off so he could wiggle his weary toes. We fastened his shoes to the handle of his pushchair and walked back our car. The big surprise when we got to the car was that somehow only ONE shoe was still on the handlebar.

Uh oh...at this age, on this trip, his brown summer shoes were the only ones he had. So while I have no photo of them, it was when he got a new pair of American shoes. Fortunately we have photographic proof that he really did have two shoes on the way home. Really! but it did become a funny family story for us.

lgrieveson_not_quite_white_10
mommyish_type-wooden_arrow.
onelittlebird-adventure-arrow1-stamp
prd_captured_pp_08
sunshine_MPM_sc_flower.
sunshine_MPM_sgleason_wasunnydays
sunshine_MPM_vwibbens_solids_p3
Fonts: Aura Blue, Adobe Garamond

Thanks for looking!
mirjam and KarenB like this.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    cookingmylife
    Date:
    Jul 30, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    249 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).