MrsPeel

18MOC6_5 : People-less Page-

18MOC6_5 : People-less Page-
MrsPeel, Jan 17, 2018
Description:
***I used products from SOSN offers -50% OFF- HALF PRICE TODAY ONLY-***
Mainly Etc by Danyale's At A Glance Oct BYOC Kit/Bundle- (super awesome offer!!!)
https://the-lilypad.com/store/At-a-Glance-Oct-BYOC-Kit.html
you can also get the separate packs: Elements, Papers & Alphas, but save more with the whole Bundle -
also here
light blue flowers stamp & beads in top & bottom, pink knitted butterfly, white small fabric button on right hand side cluster, red dots branch & green tassle elements on the bottom of the right hand cluster are from
Pink Reptile Designs: Scrap Fever Bundle
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Scrap-Fever-Bundle.html
The yellow dymo alpha, heart square little tag with heart & piece of ric rac from
& Say Cheese Bundle (also Pink Reptile Designs)
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Say-Cheese-2016-Bundle.html
the rest all from Danyale's linked above
These are half price TODAY ONLY!!!
journaling font is Jane Austen

These seemed to be the perfect photos for the challenge, as the road is almost full with people at all times, with that part of the London Borough of Camden (we live 5/10 minutes up the hill where it becomes a very residential area) has become so high attraction with the Markets, the Round House venue (where the iTunes Festival happens every year, and shows including No Fit State Circus and many other amazing events), the pubs where so many indie bands were born and continue to be discovered, amazing restaurants, the bridge that crosses part of The Stables Market (which used to be the Horses Hospital) with the Regent's Canal, people who live in their boats and tourist boat trips, an all vegan amazing small restaurants, and the very peculiar decoration so many of the stores have with gigantic dolls, Dr Marten Boots, even a Dragoon and an airplane, plus still remains a popular area for Goths and Punks, though I doubt much the punks are for real, but it makes for amazingly colorful photos for tourists. The thing is that it is so very full of people, that get through under the rail bridge in the main photo, one needs to slow down as people walk not only in the pavement but in the actual tarmac road... so getting a photo like these above is extremely difficult, unless you go (like we did that day) between 3 or 4am and 8am. We were meeting a couple friends of ours from the US, we met on Flickr, took some photos there and then went to the Finchely cemetery as Susan was looking for her Irish grandmother's lost grave, and the place is so amazing, photos can turn into a first class work of art. This was a long time ago, but the photos still are the ones I think about first as no people's photos :)
TFL!!!!
Stacy, Graciela1, Mylinn and 3 others like this.
    • dawninskip
      Love it here Cyn, fabulous page!
      MrsPeel likes this.
    • StefanieS
      Awesome! Love seeing your pages in the gallery. adore this title work on this beauty and look froward to seeing you catch up all the MOC pages. Way to go!
      MrsPeel likes this.
    • AnneofAlamo
      You so captured the other side of Camden!! brilliantly!
      MrsPeel likes this.
    • bbymks5
      You always have the best symmetrical, yet asymmetrical clusters EVA!! Lurve this one!
      MrsPeel likes this.
    • bellbird
      Hey! So i've never been to this camden (there is one here about an hour away but it is basically a country town) but i think it must be pretty famous for the goth's/punks because even i knew about that! maybe it's all the UK content on tv here (DD is obsessed with Pointless right now but there's obviously a lot of local questions we just have no clue about) and we like shows like Would I Lie to You and Nevermind the Buzzcocks but anyway, love that you automatically thought of these for 'peopleless' and i love the eclectic feel of the elements given what you have written about the city! thanks for playing along with day 5!
      MrsPeel likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      thanks so so much ladies!!!! @dawninskip @Eyeore @AnneofAlamo @bbymks5
      @bellbird for you to have an idea of the busy day there:
      [​IMG]
      Justine, I thought of scrapping this the first time I saw what your challenge would be!!! and yes, it is very very famous, it was grown so much in the past 20 years, when I first came to London, it was a cheap shopping area...these days? we can;t shop there any more!!! Love the Nevermind the Buzzcocks!!! in a bit more political way, there are a couple of programs like that that I love: Mock The Week and Whose Line is it Anyway. Mock the week is on You Tube a lot, in segments but hilarious anyway!!!! Thanks once again :)
    • bellbird
      @MrsPeel woah! that is so very different to your challenge photo! i think i have seen snippets of some of Mock the Week & Whose Line - i do like the comedians version of politics there and here too - most of my fave comedians are from the UK (Lee Mack and Michael MacIntire)
      MrsPeel likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      @bellbird I wish you could come visit!!!!! and yes, it is crazy full in the weekends, Thursday to Fridays, I avoid even trying to drive there!!!!
      bellbird likes this.
    • jesskab
      Oh, I love how your colors go so well with the photos. I imagine you've captured this place perfectly. Love you!
      MrsPeel likes this.
    • cookingmylife
      After @LynnG mentioned pages of Camden I had to take a look. I recall some of those areas being really seedy (and thus quite affordable!) back when I first went to London in the mid 60s. London was still showing lots of WWII bomb damage which shocked me and my husband to be as sheltered young Americans. London is still one of my absolute favorite cities. :heartlub Love those rare quiet photos!
      MrsPeel and LynnG like this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    MrsPeel
    Date:
    Jan 17, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    171.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).