AnotherAmanda, Jan 25, 2017
Description:
MOC5 #23 If Walls Could Talk Challenge
Fonts Black Jack, Garamond
Elements and Papers Silver Linings
Styles One Little Bird
Journaling
I've been lucky. Almost 40 years old and I've had the same family living in my walls for all that time. They picked out everything from the beginning and watched me being born. They moved in a family of four already. We had late nights and early mornings as one and then a few years later another came along making them six. They had their quirks and their foibles and odd ideas. The kitchen window was the first big change going from a large picture window to another door leading to an expanded deck. Then the kitchen and dining room were merged and a new wall went up between the living and dining rooms. Walls and carpets changed colors and the kids switched rooms as they grew and left and came home again.

The saddest day was when the Mister died. He died here with all of us watching and holding our breaths. Time moves on and more changes came. And new babies arrived. Grandbabies. Way less stressful on these old walls... they went home most of the time leaving me to rest and relax.

Now, the Mrs is getting ready to move on to something smaller and easier to manage. She's redoing the kitchen and painting the walls. We're counting down the weeks and days. Soon there will be a sign and strangers walking my floors. Someone will love my location surrounded by friends or marvel at the expansive deck overlooking the backyard and never want to leave. I'm sad but excited to see who I might be next year. AMS 1.25.2017
MrsPeel likes this.
    • AnneofAlamo
      I found myself holding my breath along with your emotional and so precious journaling. I noticed you also used the drop cap technique. It looks excellent.
    • StefanieS
      Powerful! Love the photo taking center stage and the heart warming journaling, must be so bittersweet for you.
    • MrsPeel
      this is just so so great, in every possible way...love the amazing journaling, I lived there and felt the beginning and the history go by....the place is so beautiful and knowing the history I think makes it even more beautiful, the page design is equally wonderful, the photo is so beautiful and gives me a great feeling, fr some reason I feel it is a winter day full of sun when the photo was taken....the way you placed the journaling with the great touch of the stamp and the phrase/word art in the bottom.... love the word strips in the photo that give also a fun touch....great, great page all over!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for playing with us!!!!![​IMG]
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 5
    Uploaded By:
    AnotherAmanda
    Date:
    Jan 25, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    273.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    750px
    Height:
    750px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).