09-18_Not-the-Center-of-the-Universe

09-18_Not-the-Center-of-the-Universe
SharLamb, Sep 4, 2018
Description:
etc_dan_ssbeach_ptrn7 (binder edge)
asexton_steamertrunk_papers 10 and 13
CCM_Aug18_KAagard_Pattern3 and Globe
Journaling:
When I was in high school, I sang in the mixed choir, the girls’ choir, and a small ensemble. So when my music teacher asked me to babysit for him and his wife, it didn’t take long for me to feel like I was a little more special than the other kids. Mr. ______ would give me hall passes anytime I wanted one (in the 1960s students were never allowed to wander the halls except at lunch time and breaks between classes). One day as I was walking down a hall for no particular reason other than not wanting to be in class, it struck me like a thunderbolt: “What made me think I should have such special treatment?” I realized that EVERY kid in school would enjoy this privilege...that they were no different than me...that I was NOT special! I think many people never give up the idea that they are the center of the universe. I am glad I learned it at such an early age.
    • flowersgal
      Lovely layout and so much truth in your journaling. I really like how you blended the hallway and map to emphasize your theme.
      SharLamb likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    SharLamb
    Date:
    Sep 4, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    108.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    457px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).