michelepixels

07slowscrap-teaching

07slowscrap-teaching
michelepixels, Jul 23, 2021
Description:
Growing up, there were three occupations I figured I’d choose from: author, teacher, or something else I’ve forgotten. When I got to college and had to choose my major, however, I didn’t consider those much, thinking they were old, childish ideas. I majored in psychology, figuring that would be applicable to any field. It has indeed. I think understanding psychology a bit (as little as scientists have been able to understand the complicated human brain so far) has been applicable in many areas, including the occupation I wanted above all and have spent the most time doing: Mom.

But about halfway through college, I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do. I knew from the start, even though I am fascinated by psychology, that I didn’t want to be any kind of psychologist. I’m too emotional. I’d just cry with my patients and not be helpful at all, I imagined. I don’t remember the thought process, or what else I considered, but I found out what I needed to do to get my teaching credential and followed that course.

I added a child development minor and I took prerequisite classes for SDSU’s multiple subjects teaching credential program, which is a year or 3 semesters beyond the bachelor’s degree. I knew I wanted to teach elementary and no other level, especially middle school, which was my hardest time.

I loved working with the kids and being immersed in classrooms, places of energy, curiosity, and discovery. I taught in my own classroom for 5 years and only stopped because I wanted to be a full time mom.

papers from The Places You'll Go by Amy Wolff
journal card from Jot It Down by Amy Wolff
globe stamp from Adventure Stamps by Kate Hadfield
learn word strip from Scientific Word Bits by Kristin Aagard
sequins from Keeping Memories Alive by Studio Basic
buttons from Fallala by Pink Reptile Design
flair from Hello Cutie by Amy Wolff
Three Rs Alpha by Kim Jensen
    • mcurtt
      Wow! Great journaling. Teaching, homeschooling and being a Mom all go hand in hand, don't they? Hoping that your new job is everything you want and more. :-)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Speed Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    michelepixels
    Date:
    Jul 23, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    305.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    773px
    Height:
    1000px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).