SharLamb

06-19_MixedMedia_Columbine

06-19_MixedMedia_Columbine
SharLamb, Jun 11, 2019
Description:
I always have a blast with Rachel's products, but never more than with this one. I'm one of the "Cluster Challenged," so just following step by step on her challenge page was a huge help. I wonder, now, if this flower I took a photo of is actually a columbine. If not, please let me know what it is so I can change the title and journaling. THANK YOU!
rjefferies-youaremagical-miscpaperie-17
rjefferies-youaremagical-miscpaperie-14
rjefferies-ittakescourage-mmartistry_stamp04
rjefferies-ittakescourage-mmartistry_stamp06
rjefferies-stopandlookaround-mmartistry-paint07
rjefferies-bloomandgrow-bloghop-paint3
lmccandless_iat_BLOGHOP-paperpiece05
lmccandless_iat_BLOGHOP-paperpiece08
rjefferies-stopandlookaround-mmartistry-tornpaper02
rjefferies-stopandlookaround-mmartistry-tornpaper01
rjefferies-bloomandgrow-bloghop-paint5
rjefferies-ittakescourage-mmartistry_splatter
rjefferies-pearfect-mmartistry-frame
rjefferies-youaremagical-mmartistry-thread
rjefferies-sacredtimeforourselves-stitches
rjefferies-stopandlookaround-mmartistry-flower02
rjefferies-aquarelle-ep-foliage05
rjefferies-stopandlookaround-mmartistry-flower03

Photo: Mine
Fonts: The Maple Origins and Adler
    • Dady
      Beautiful page and beautiful cluster ♥️
      SharLamb likes this.
    • mcurtt
      Loving that dark reddish background you chose and your cluster is small but effective.

Without knowing more about the rest of the plant, I'm not sure. I don't think it is columbine, as they have five sepals, five petals and five pistils. A website with pretty pics of columbine. Our property is very wooded, and wild columbine love shady areas.
      https://gardenerspath.com/plants/flowers/columbine-harbinger-spring/

Possibly clematis??? There are many different varieties, on vines, here's the same web-site that has lots of photos of clematis:
      https://gardenerspath.com/plants/flowers/grow-clematis/
      SharLamb likes this.
    • SharLamb
      The jury is pretty much in...it is a wild rose of some kind (alpine or mountain possibly). Several PEOPLE have suggested that, and I remembered an app I have on my phone...you just take a picture of a flower with the app, and it identifies it! I didn’t think it would work because the flower has been altered with some artistic apps, but to my surprise, it agreed with the suggestions above. So! I will fix the journaling and title, but won’t bother re-posting. Thanks for your help everyone!
    • mcurtt
      @SharLamb We have a wild rose out by the road where it gets some sun. It is pink with yellow center and has five petals (checking a photo I just took of it last week). The stalk is thorny, not horrible, but enough to stick you if you aren't careful. According to Google, a normal rose has up to 20 petals, but a wild rose has only 5. I also checked out Alpine Rose and Mountain Rose. Those also have 5 petals. So if you are dealing with 5 petals and a thorny stem, then rose it probably is. Linking you to Wikipedia, the top right photo is what a typical wild rose looks like.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose
      SharLamb likes this.
    • SharLamb
      Hmmmmm...this has six, so guess it can’t be that after all.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • mcurtt
      @SharLamb One more thing, wild roses have a beautiful, rose floral scent. I've never smelled another rose that was as gorgeous as the wild rose.
      SharLamb likes this.
    • SharLamb
      Well, I give up. It looks like all the wild rose photos I've seen with the exception of the number of petals. This has 6, and they all have 4 or 5. It also looks similar to a clematis, but I know for certain we haven't ever had a clematis in this yard, much less appearing in a patio pot. I give up. It will remain a Mystery Flower!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • wvsandy
      Beautiful!
      SharLamb likes this.
    • mrsashbaugh
      Love your choice of dark background and how your flower is coming out of the frame. Really pretty and good job with the little cluster.
      SharLamb likes this.
    • ajm
      WoW! Love your photo treatment and how the flower pops out of the frame, beautiful work!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Rachel Jefferies
    Uploaded By:
    SharLamb
    Date:
    Jun 11, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    91.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).