cookingmylife

0218-prd

0218-prd
cookingmylife, Feb 19, 2020
Description:
I wanted to test out making a landscape layout for a book I want to make. I waited til I had all the images from our lunch yesterday. A late Valentine's treat. I see I'm going to have to fiddle with my 'save for web' settings to get that full rectangle. (Full layout shows the rectangle.)

As I started feeling better, I really wanted Ethopian food, kifto which is raw beef. Somehow I just never mentioned it to Dick and when he said he was meeting a friend for lunch Tuesday, I finally told him. He changed his plans!

After lunch, he said ‘how about we go to that store on the way home?’ I knew he meant the big Hispanic grocery. When we got there I was shocked to see construction on the new Purple Line light rail. RIGHT THERE!

prd_LOD
prd_cthrus_nr1
prd_romanceme
ad_makeitcountfeb19_tntp

Thanks for looking!
flowersgal and mirjam like this.
    • AnneofAlamo
      first off, I love him too! what a great man, and I tried to go landscape also, really struggling. I am also awed that you crave Ethiopian food. I don't even know one dish, I need to get out more!
    • mirjam
      Oh Maureen you have me curious about Ethiopian foor too! I love trying out new things and never had anything Ethiopian but I am definitely going to see if I can find some recipes. Love your page!
    • cookingmylife
      @AnneofAlamo and @mirjam There is a large Ethopian & Eritrean community in Washington DC and a lot of the food can be vegetarian. That is where I first had this food but the restaurant we go to is in the DC suburbs. Closer! and with easy parking. The mainstay is the injera bread which is made from a fermented teff grain so it's light and spongy and lightly tart. You can see that best in the top photo. The food is served ON the injera AND eaten with it. No knives or forks.And my fussy dh even manages to eat with his hands. That's love.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pink Reptile Designs
    Uploaded By:
    cookingmylife
    Date:
    Feb 19, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    244.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    541px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).