01_26 Remembrance-Tribute
AlyciaIN, Jan 27, 2022
Description:
1/26/2022 MOC 10 Day 26 Remembrance or Tribute layout
Created with NBK's Eat, Pray, Love collection
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Eat-Pray-Love-choose-from-different-Options.html
Font is Cookie, photos are personal
Journaling text:
I have collected Precious Moments since the 1970s, enjoying the beauty of the porcelain figurines with their tear-drop eyes. We met Mr. Butcher at the Plate Collectors gathering in South Bend, Indiana many years ago where he signed figurines for collectors and also spoke to us. We have attended many Precious Moments collectors gatherings over the years, making many dear Christian friends who share our love of Precious Moments. We've shared many laughs, concerns and tears over the years. We've kept in touch over long distances even with long times between seeing each other.

Mr. Butcher created the Precious Moments Chapel in Carthage, Missouri and it quickly became our favorite place to gather with him and with our friends. This beautiful chapel contains Precious Moments artwork in many forms, all displaying God's love for each one of us. Mr. Butcher has shared many messages with us over the years. He shared the inspirations for his figurines and for the Chapel. He shared his love for God and his sense of humor through the many stories he told.

We gathered at the Chapel in early September again this year and were blessed to see Mr. Butcher briefly after our Sunday morning worship service. He is having some health issues now but, as you can see from his beautiful smile, was so blessed and happy to meet with collectors again.

Because of the love of this man and his sharing of God's love with everyone he meets, we have all been so blessed: with his presence, with the loving and caring of good friends and with the beauty and faith portrayed in his artwork in its many forms. As time goes on and his health declines further, we will see less of Mr. Butcher in person. He will not be sharing messages with us or signing our figurines anymore. But we will always be blessed because of his faith and because of his loving, caring and sharing with all of us. We will always have our collector friends who have become such a part of our lives. We will always have our Precious Moments figurines with their inspirational titles and meanings to remember Mr. Butcher and all the ways he has touched our lives.
    • cfile
      This is wonderful Alycia and what a beautiful tribute to your friend Mr. Butcher, creator of Precious Moments figurines. I love them.. I used the bride and groom statue I got for my bridal shower on our wedding cake 30 years ago in July, and my Dad gave us the wedding cake music box.. I have others too and have purchased them for friends and relatives. Beautiful Precious Moments you have created here with your journaling, and the showing of those wonderful photos. That chapel with the paintings adorning the walls is gorgeous. What a big smile Mr. Butcher has visiting and posing with you! You definitely have created a fine friendship and Precious Moments with him and others from the collectors club! Thanks for sharing and playing along with the MOC day 26 Rememberance Challenge! Well done!
      AlyciaIN likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 10
    Uploaded By:
    AlyciaIN
    Date:
    Jan 27, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    437.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    900px
    Height:
    900px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).