AlyciaIN, Jan 2, 2021
Description:
2021 MOC9 Day 2 Why I Scrap
Created with Bella Gypsy's Bloom Wildly collection
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Bloom-Wildly-Digital-Scrapbook-Bundle.html
Font is Cookie

Journalling text:
Paper Scrapping
I made my first paper scrapbook when I was about 12 years old. (See photo.) It contains newspaper clippings about family members. I graduated to writing journals when we went on vacation & taking photos too when I got my first camera. I made a wedding book 40+ years ago & baby books when our kids
were born. When we finally had an empty nest I took some paper scrapbooking classes to learn some techniques. I enjoyed making small scrapbooks for gifts & to document family events. I loved my photo albums which all contain printed photos (a future scanning project).
Transition to DigiScrapping
Then in 2004 we had our first grandchild & got our first digital camera. That's when I discovered digiscrapping. I loved documenting our family stories, first with a family calendar that has photos of family members who have birthdays or anniversaries for each month. I'm still making family calendars as well as an annual family scrapbook. It's a lot easier to get the scrapbook the way I want it & then just print multiple copies of it! I also discovered that Shutterfly can ship an order to multiple addresses so that really simplified shipping things!
I also like re-using my digiscrap supplies, though it doesn't seems to stop me from buying a few new things each month.
Now I'm also enjoying using digiscrapping skills to make special event & heritage books, wall art, desk art, coffee cups, magnets, notebooks, post-it notes, ornaments, etc.
There's no limit to the digiscrapping possibilities!
Dalis and Annsofie like this.
    • HeatherB
      Love that original scrapbook - so cute! What a treasure that must be! And loved reading your journaling. I like the colourful design here and the use of the plaid patterned paper. Great page! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
      AlyciaIN likes this.
    • Dalis
      THOSE POODLES ARE THE BEST THING I HAVE SEEN IN A WHILE!!!!! Love that you still have it!
      AlyciaIN likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lilypad Challenges & Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    AlyciaIN
    Date:
    Jan 2, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    481.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    900px
    Height:
    900px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).