WELCOME BACK ART JOURNALERS!

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by Dalis, Feb 1, 2016.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I am loving these challenges, Here is one , I ll be backl with the next in a bit as I have another couple of pages to post :)
    this was done with Danyale's and Kim's Damaged Goods which are on sale today half price!!!!!!

[​IMG]

paula kesselring, Mylinn and mcurtt like this.
  2. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

hmmmm still trying to figure out if I really like the shadow box....... I do know being sick last week it was hard for me to wrap my brain around something 'new' for me. I did a few layouts but kept them in my safety area. :heartlub

3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Week 3 Dreams:
    [​IMG]
    Explanation of my trinket box:
    I have always wanted to be skinny to be out on the beach in the sun, but unfortunately weight & Melanoma Skin Cancer I had 11 years ago make this a Dream never to be fulfilled. I always wanted to be a teacher- Math specifically, however instead I worked in the Health insurance industry. I did training classes and even wrote tutorials for photoshop on the web so I guess that fulfills teaching. I always wanted to take better photos and be an artist. Little by little with practice my photography is getting better, and art, well my digi art is great and my freehand, well that is a work in progress. I wanted to be a Barista at Starbucks when I retired and work there part time for the coffee, and then decided, nah.. I will just drink it! Travel ... just let me know when & where and I am packed and ready. I love road trips, but I really love traveling overseas too. This is being fulfilled year by year and trip by trip :) reading... I love to read and spend a lot of time enjoying that now. I fulfilled my biggest dream of retiring at 50...It was 1 week before my 51st Birthday, but I accomplished retiring at 50 on 8/31/2012!!!

paula kesselring and mcurtt like this.
  4. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I haven't read through all of this thread yet... I finally played a bit, and this is what I've come up with!
    [​IMG]

I like that it does sort of represent me. making a mess all over everything. art supplies litter my house, so it's fitting that they litter my box, too. :giggle

5. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

For the Week #1 challenge I went with a minimalist style shadowbox.

[​IMG]

6. EHStudios

For Week #2...Here's me.

[​IMG]

7. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I have been playing with this off and on all month... I guess it would qualify for week 1 ;) just a bunch of random stuff!

[​IMG]

paula kesselring, Mylinn and cfile like this.
  8. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

I made this for week #3 and geez this was a though one! It´s my dreams and wishes to be able to travel the world.

[​IMG]

paula kesselring and cfile like this.
  9. EHStudios

This is what I was inspired to make after reading the Week #3 challenge.

[​IMG]

10. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

That is so sweet of you. I have been having a great time playing with mine. Thank you!

11. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I love this!!! Very unique and perfect!!!

paula kesselring likes this.
  12. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

13. robinsismai

robinsismai work is seriously overrated

Here's my week 1 layout - my first try at a shadow box

[​IMG]

paula kesselring and carilyne like this.
  14. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

15. kirstiegai

kirstiegai Trick or Treat, RUB by feet!

Week 3 - I wish to travel more around my own country
    [​IMG]

16. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

i re-did with some tlp products (i do think it is my eyes and this tosiba display, m hp layouts look better)
    Things i wish i had a new book (mine wore out), my mom's pearls, my chatty cathy doll, floppys come back, a wedding ring, a dressing table, a wing chair, a dress my mom made me, and a rocking chair

[​IMG]

cfile and paula kesselring like this.
  17. carilyne

Oh how I wish you could see the difference! The change is great.It looks perfect, I saw it right away. This is great.

Cath_ likes this.
  18. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

i really don't see any differance. I see that things are sized wrong, but the shadowing, no

19. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Week 3 - Journaling reads:
    Funny how memories just sometimes are not meant to be forgotten. Over 50 years later and I still think about the things I didn’t get as a child. One year at Christmas time I begged my mother for a Barbie, the original issue Barbie. She didn’t want me to have a “mature” doll, so she refused. Aunt Cathy came to the rescue a year or so later, but my Barbie wasn’t the first version... And then there were the go go boots that all of the popular girls in school were wearing. But sorry to say, they were never to be mine. And I survived... Fast forward 30+ years, I am married & we love to vacation in Door County. We both dreamt of a house by the water, but the stipulation would be that we couldn’t see land on the other side. A perfect home was up for sale, but at the time, in the 1980’s it was $175,000 and we couldn’t afford it. Now the house is probably worth several million dollars. A missed opportunity.Lastly, I had always hoped for an early retirement, being able to quit work at least in my 50’s. Well, that number has come and gone and I am still a slave to my employer. Early retirement hasn’t happened and if it does, it will be only by a year or so. My hopes, my dreams, my wishes that never materialized, but I am a survivor in spite of them all.

[​IMG]

20. carilyne

Part of that size wrong is probably the shadow because it doesn't really change the size of anything. Wish I could send you a printed picture so you could see it. How does it look on your phone? can you tell any difference? It's smaller so I would imagine it would be hard to see, but it's an idea. It looks great.

Cath_ likes this.