That's my jam | Pad Patter 8.10

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Aug 10, 2018.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Do you have a fave song you always play to psych yourself up, wake you up or perk you up through the day? Feel free to share it with us - and no judgement here, from Eye of the Tiger to the more obscure, it's all good!
    [​IMG]

My walk playlist starts with a '90s track by JX called There's Nothing I Won't Do - it's clubby dance stuff (and I think they were like a one hit wonder, and not even that big a hit really) that I didn't especially love back then but since starting with Spotify a few years back, I shuffle thru the list but always start with that one, whatever time of the day.

umyesh likes this.
  2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I have so many!! Right now it's this one...just makes me want to do something lol

Always Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars, Viva La Vida by Cold Play, The Final Countdown by Europe, Shut up and Dance by Walk the Moon.... I could go on and on haha

bonnenuit, bellbird and jenn mccabe like this.
  3. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

For some reason We are Young by Fun, Eye of the Tiger and Journey's Don't Stop Believing, along with almost anything by P!nk tend to be my pick-me-ups these days!

bellbird and IntenseMagic like this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

This is our dishes song! Whenever the feet are dragging unloading dishes, I play this. The tempo seems to move feet really well!

5. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Don't Stop Me Now by Queen has been my go-to for awhile. When Emma Slater and Drew Scott danced to it on Dancing with the Stars, Gen yelled, "Mom, they're dancing to your song!" :giggle

I have a playlist on Spotify that I play when I need to get pumped. And Imagine Dragon's "Thunder" is a big song for the whole family.

6. TeaWithLemon

TeaWithLemon Well-Known Member

Mine is so ridiculous - I Have Confidence from the Sound of Music. I sing it in my head every time I pick a jury.

bellbird and gonewiththewind like this.
  7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

This was my anthem last year when I was struggling so much with my back pain. And it's just kind of hung on. I think it's the lyrics "Pain, you break me down, you build me up" - like I knew I was broken, but I held out hope that I would make it through stronger and built up again.

But my favorite pick-me-up and get going music is always from the 40's.

Sing, Sing, Sing by Benny Goodman is the best!!!

bellbird likes this.
  8. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I have two. My Prerogative by Bobby Brown & this playlist I have on Amazon Music. The playlist starts with Kelly Clarkson's "Love so soft" & has Sia, Demi Lovato, & Ariana Grande. It's a good mix.

bellbird likes this.
  9. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I don't really have a motivational song... but I do have a playlist called "songs that make me happy"... I'm very selective with what goes into that playlist. I won't generally add anything I hear regularly on the radio, just a few happy songs to perk me up (right now there are only three songs on it... :giggle). I have other fun, larger playlists.... but this is a simple, pure one of songs that make me happy.

bellbird likes this.
  10. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Newest favorite is Girls Like You by Maroon 5. It will be one of those songs that is overplayed but I'm okay with that.

bellbird likes this.
  11. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

the entire sound track of The Greatest Showman!
    every day!

bellbird likes this.
  12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I love that! So wonderful!

TeaWithLemon likes this.