Sick and tired

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by cinna, Mar 1, 2017.

1. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

...of being sick and tired.
    I´ve been sick A LOT these last 6 months and just when I think I´m fine again - BAM! Something just hits me. Like now. I got really bad with stomach flu this last Sunday and slept literally all day. Now it´s Wednesday evening, I still don´t feel like eating since it makes my stomach wonky, I´m super tired and have stomach cramps. Yet I know I have to get back to work tomorrow since I´ve been away so much already.
    Please tell me things will get better SOON!
    And sorry for the whining - I just had to get it out.....

2. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Well BOOOOO!! I'm sorry you've not been feeling great! Being sick sucks! I missed more work from being sick with one thing or another this past year than I have ever in all of the years working ... so I feel your pain!!

Wishing you better days ahead!!

cinna likes this.
  3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Feel better, Carina! My son has it now too. UGH!

cinna likes this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Ugh. I have a friend who's in a similar boat! She has caught everything this year. Every little thing! And the cold that drags on for weeks and makes you ache? She has that again.

I'm so sorry! I hope you feel better soon! It's not anything underlaying right? I know sometimes when your thyroid or something is out of whack it can make it harder to get better, and you'll feel tired longer.

cinna likes this.
  5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Awww so sorry you've been so sick!! I really hope that you are able to shake things once and for all really soon!!

cinna likes this.
  6. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Oh no! No fun at all when you have been sick for so long......... your immune system might need some TLC, maybe try some probiotics to get your gut back into balance. Hope you get to feeling better soon though!

cinna likes this.
  7. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Whine away! That totally sucks!!I remember a few year back both me and my little one were sick for months, as soon as we seemed better from one thing we got sick with something else!
    Chicken noodle soup, hot honey and lemon drinks and lots of rest. Hope you feel better soon!!

cinna likes this.
  8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Girl, you go ahead and whine! That totally stinks! I hope you get to feeling better quickly. I'm adding you to my prayer list!

I've been wallowing in self pity for a while about my chronic issues . . . and that includes sleep pattern disruption, lack of good sleep, general malaise, etc. I've been on the upswing and feel that I am climbing out of my hole. LOL I think sometimes we just have to be where we are and work through it. But geez, sometimes I wish I would work through it a bit faster. You'd think having been here before that I would realize that wallowing doesn't help.

((HUGS)) to you!

cinna likes this.
  9. MrsGaramer

MrsGaramer Using my imagination

Whine away!!! It seems like there is soooo much sickness going around lately. Both my boys have been out a ton and that's unlike them. I hope you and your family are on the upswing soon!

cinna likes this.
  10. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Yikes... I'd be whining for sure! Hope you feel back to new soon!

cinna likes this.
  11. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Sending you hugs and loads of well wishes.
    Being sick is yucky. here's hoping you feel so much better so quickly!

cinna likes this.
  12. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments - they mean a lot. ❤❤❤

13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

My fingers are crossed for you that you are at the end of your rotten luck with your health! I would be venting if I were you too - hope you catch a break soon!

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Aw, sorry you've been so sick for so long... it does drag a person down, especially when you can't do anything about it and just want to get back to normal! My family has been dealing with extra sickies this winter too. My two sons and my hubby all had a really bad respiratory flu a couple weeks ago and then colds and now my youngest is home today with a stomach bug. :( No fun! I hope you're on the mend soon and get a nice long break from it all!

15. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@cinna Carina - having a poor immune system predisposes you to all the viruses and germs going around. Like Ona said, I wonder if trying to build up your immune system might help? Probiotics might be a good start and try to eat as healthy as you can. It sucks getting sick so much. I went through that a few years ago and it seemed like I had a virus/flu forever.

16. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Yucky Yuck Yuck!! Hope you are feeling better soon!

I'm just getting over being sick for 2 full weeks, what is left is a dry cough. But I can't remember the last time I was this sick for so long! Just would wake up every morning and think... ugggg when am I going to feel like myself again!?

Prayers to you for a speedy recovery!