Scrapping Slump

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by kimingvtx, Apr 19, 2016.

1. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

What do you do when you want to scrap but you are just in a slump and can't seem to get out of it?

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I usually go to the gallery and just love up 20 pages! if that doesn't work, try a challenge! Then my last resort?
    I go to pinterest and look at paper scrap pages...I see them as the greatest challenge. I try and lift them, and love it when I can warp a shadow to be almost like theirs! lol
    and
    then one that always always works, a coupon from Shutterfly that is about to expire! bhahha

RebeccaH, kimingvtx and enjoyyourpix like this.
  3. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

those coupons!!!

Can you do one of the challenges? Or pick a few photos you need to have scrapped and just force yourself to do them. It might take a lot longer to finish it, but I find that one layout tends to lead to another ....

kimingvtx likes this.
  4. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

I'm feeling like I'm sort of in a slump as well. Thinking I should start doing the challenges. I'm also checking out Pinterest and some of the Listers Gotta List ideas that might spark something.

5. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I scraplift. That's been my way of getting out of a slump. Just getting a layout done really helps me.

6. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

I organize my supplies- it always worked well for me when I was doing a lot of paper scrapping, and it has been great for digi, as well! The trick is to clean or organize just until you come across something that gives you that OMG, must use this on a page RIGHT NOW feeling, then drop the organization and jump right into scrapping.

Jaimee also had a great article on her blog recently about getting your scrapping mojo back - http://justjaimee.com/find-mojo-5-tips-getting-mood-scrapbook/.

Lindzee, MrsPeel, bestcee and 4 others like this.
  7. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I scraplift, check out galleries and try a challenge or two.

MrsPeel and kimingvtx like this.
  8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

This past week was a slump for me. So... I am/I went through pictures and organized what dates I want to scrap for my album. I visit the gallery and check out everything!

I think the gallery, a scraplift or the challenges are a great ideas! What about if you find a tutorial (Pink Reptile is having a blog challenge) that will get you trying something new, and then you will finish a layout?

9. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I've been going through old pictures, and that has been inspiring me. I have soooooo many that have never been scrapped. I also love looking at Pinterest or at the paper pages over at Studio Calico.

10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I head to Lightroom. I want to tag all my photos with the people in them. I have a grand goal of having a book with just my son and his grandparents, or just me and DH, and finding photos easily is my first step on that goal.
    Without fail, I'll be in looking at photos for about 20 minutes, and I always come across at least one that is inspiring to scrap. The more I spend time with my photos, the more I am motivated to tell those stories.

MrsPeel, kimingvtx and rchansen like this.
  11. ~Mary

~Mary Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

I get in these slumps at least once a year and I just do something else for a while. I do try to do at least some of the monthly challenges to stay in the game but I just don't love to scrap in the spring. When it gets really hot in the summer and I want to stay in the AC I will get back to it. I slow down again in the fall and pick it back up in the winter.

Lindzee and MrsPeel like this.
  12. bestcee

I love that you can predict your slump! That's so awesome that you know yourself that well!

MrsPeel and ~Mary like this.
  13. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I will go and look at a lot of Mix Media Artists Blogs That usually inspires me!

14. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

The best thing I've found is picking a photo and just going for it . . . making myself just get the photo and journaling done and then everything else seems to fall in line. Of course, when I'm doing this, I'm giving myself permission to not make the most perfect page ever . . . takes the pressure off . . . and then at the end I usually love what has happened.

15. kimingvtx

I didn't realize that LightRoom had facial recognition capabilities. I didn't scrap today, but I got 2 years of photos tagged -- so that's an accomplishment!

MrsPeel and bestcee like this.
  16. bestcee

Love the facial recognition!
    And for me, 2 years tagged would be great! It's part of my workflow, so having that done means I'll get to scrapping faster.

kimingvtx likes this.
  17. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

iPhoto has facial recognition but I have to admit I never used it......

I generally go love the gallery, there is always so much talent around, inspiration comes... but my best inspiration always came from the monthly challenges here..... I will always find a photo or something, a story, a mood, and try to fit it into the challenges, and I found that always worked!!!

kimingvtx likes this.
  18. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

I walk away for awhile, and typically look for inspiration in the galleries and Pinterest. It always sparks something for me. :-)

kimingvtx likes this.
  19. kimingvtx

I did it! I did the template challenge! Thanks so much for all your tips!

20. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Ohhhh, I So know that feeling!!! Just coming out of a slump, but mine is because of the llloooonnnnggggg winter and the unexpected snow storms in April. I have S.A.D. and by the end of Winter I am climbing walls!!!! Here it is end of April and I haven't done ONE challenge yet!!! And now I have computer issues!!!! I agree with Anne. The gallery always seems to perk me up somewhat.